4

Maxine.

As promised, Johnny took me to the burger joint, Whataburger. It was a cute orange and white striped theme. Stepping inside, it was kind of busy. Johnny took my hand, pulling along with him in line.

"Johnny!" A group of boys yelled. I recognised three of them: Louis, the boy named Devon, and a blonde.

"Who are they?" I asked, looking up at Johnny.

"The frat. I didn't know the guys would be here. I am sorry," he said. I shook my head.

"It's fine," I said, reassuring Johnny. We were next in line, and he ordered for my food because I don't know what I want. We sat down at a booth, and I took my first bite. I love it.

"Oh, my god, this is is so good," I said, chuckling at the same time. I tried the chips, and they tasted marvellous.

"Oh, wow. London does not have this," I said. Johnny laughed with me.

We continued eating as his frat mates tried teasing us. I was actually enjoying myself. Johnny and I gave in and joined his frat mates at one of the booths. They took up two. They are neat dudes. We joked, and I even joined in on their inside jokes about girls. I even pretended to hit on one. The girl smiled at me, laughing.

"Why is that when I try flirting with a girl, I get called a perv, but when you do it, it's platonic flirting?" Devon asked. Devon Young and Darren Mencke are friends with Marth.

"Girls and they's don't feel frightened by girls," I said, meaning it. There's a mutual understanding with girls and they's.

That girl I pretended hitting on kept look at me. Her hazel eyes burned through me as she smiled. I smiled back a little too long, but she didn't seem to mind. She was wearing a dress that showed off her beautiful legs. Her black hair was in two French braids as her tanned skin glowed in the lights. Her dress is tight, and it accentuated his waist, giving her a beautiful hourglass figure. I looked into her hazel eyes, and she was still staring at me too. She's gorgeous.

"They's?" Darren asked, pulling me out of my daze.

"Meaning someone who doesn't go by the binary genders. They're considered non-binary, and most of them use they/them pronouns," I said. The boys all nodded, understanding.

"Cool," Johnny said as I looked at that girl again. She sat down in a place where I could see her. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her long neck is elegant and decorated in a few necklaces.

"I didn't know you were one of the guys," Johnny said, fascinated I get along with his friends. He too pulled me from wondering why that girl is so beautiful.

"How does one become one of the guys, but never had a boyfriend?" Johnny asked. I shrugged, eyeing that girl, and she kept flickering her eyes towards me. Her perfect smile was on display. How the hell is someone that blessed with genetics? I wonder what her favourite song is.

"Wait, you've never had a boyfriend?" Louis asked. I nodded, still looking at that girl, trying to decide if she likes reading or art.

"I wasn't boy crazy," I said, shrugging, bringing my awareness back to guys.

"I was too busy trying to make sure I could come to this school to get a boyfriend," I said.

"Okay, fine. Girlfriend?" Devon asked. I shook my head, trying to calm my heart down. Why did it start racing like that? I glanced at that girl again, and she was looking at me.

"Nope, I've never been in a relationship," I confessed to a bunch of men.

"Damn, that's shocking to hear," Devon said.