8

Maxine.

"I don't fucking get this," Maria complained in the library. She threw her chemistry down, frustrated.

"Get what part?" Louis asked.

"All of it! Why did I think being a chemistry major was a good idea?" Maria whined.

"I'm also a chemistry major, and I'm pretty good, so I can help you," Louis said while I worked on an essay for psychology. Maria smiled as she got up and sat by Louis.

My phone went off, distracting me from my essay.

Unknown number: where are you? It's Marth

I smiled at the message, but I do question how she got my number.

Me: I'm in the library, but how did you get my number?

I sent the text and waited for her, either her arrival or message.

Marth🥰: Louis gave it to me earlier. Omw

I chuckled at the message, wholeheartedly believing her. A few moments passed before Marth came into the library.

In her hands, she held a bag of Chinese food.

"Here, baby," She said, greeting me.

"Thank you," I said, trying to ignore the stares from my friends as she kissed me. I took the bag of food but noticed her hand was wrapped.

"What happened?" I asked, holding her hand to examine her knuckles. Turning her hand over, I noticed scrapes on her palms. She quickly pulled her hand back.

"Nothing," Marth pushed.

"Can I sit?" She asked. I cleared my things off the couch.

"Yeah, sure," I said. Marth dropped her stuff on the floor as she pulled out her laptop, and didn't say much as she focused on her work. None of us said much. All of us were too busy to talk, except for Louis helping Maria.

About an hour into studying, I propped my feet onto Marth's lap after moving from her laptop to her notebook, but she used the armrest as her table. I stole a few staring moments from her, and I caught her stealing glances at me. Each time she smiled. I did notice her having a hard time writing.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked again. She looked at me, nodding.

"Baby, I'm okay," Marth reassured, but we both know I don't buy it. She gave me the 'can we please talk about it later' look. I sighed, silently agreeing.

Johnny walked in, so I looked at my laptop to pretend to look busy but failed. Johnny came over and got in Marth's face. Closing my laptop, I quickly removed my feet off of Marth's lap.

"You found me," Marth said, not looking up. Johnny flashed a sarcastic laugh at me, making me gasp. Johnny had a deep cut on his cheek.

"You fucking punched me," Johnny seethed, making me drop my jaw, looking at Marth. She let out a deep breath, closing her notebook. She let out a chuckle.

"And why the fuck do you think?" Marth seethed, standing up. She shoved Johnny.

"Huh? Remember doing that?" Marth mocked, confusing me.

"Gonna tell me why the fuck you started it by shoving me to the ground?" Marth continued, making something in me stir with pure rage. Johnny shoved my girl to the ground. Whatever respect I had for Johnny completely disappeared.

"Wanna tell me why the fuck you shoved me to the ground while I was minding my own fucking business and then started yelling at me at how I'm going to destroy Maxine like I did your sister?" Marth asked in one long breath. I looked to Johnny and then at Marth's hand, remembering her palms are scratched up and the way she's having a hard time doing her work.