|Better than ever Ch6|

Playlist for better experience

Playlist for better experience. 😉Enjoy.
Flashback continues

Soon, another lady came looks like she was mother of that child she began to scold him but she stopped her saying that its all right. The kid kissed her cheeks and she too did the same. Then they left. She grinned at them and waved at the kid as he waved back.

She turned around and sighed again maybe waiting for someone.
Then she received a call. She looked at the caller ID and quickly picked it up.

"Where are you? I have been trying to find you ever since. Ms. Drama queen will eat my head if I won't reach back on time. We already talked about this Rishu I will come here attend the function amd leave. I can't be here for too long. Please try to understand." She said to the person on call pleading.

She looked cute with that pout on her face. She listened to something the other person said and again spoke.

" Fine let's bicker like this on call. The time I have will also be wasted then I will leave. Ok." She said now annoyed.

I smiled at her change in behavior. She is so sweet.

" That's what I am talking about. Now tell me where is exactly the function going on here. I will come." She listened  and then declined the call.

She turned around and was about to leave but stopped. Looks like she felt my gaze on her. She again looked back but I was quick enough to hide behind the pillar.

Siddharth came and was about to say something looking at me all hidden in the corner but I gestured him to be quiet and stay at his place without moving. He did so but was confused. I slowly looked where she was standing earlier but she was nowhere to be found.
Where is she? I came out and walked where she was standing earlier. I tried to find her but she just vanished.

" What happened Adhiraj, you good?" Asked Sid but I paid no heed to him.

Soon, my gaze fell on the anklet lying on the floor. It is her's. I know. I touched it lightly as if it will break if I put too much force even though it is of pure silver and solid.

It produced the same soothing sound like earlier. I closed my eyes to feel it.

"Adhiraj, he is awake. You ok right?"

" Yes, Sid. Let's see him." I slid the anklet in my coat pocket and smirked at Siddharth. He looked confused but followed me.

" Oh, the weakling is here." Mocked that con artist named Jasper well that's what he told me when we first met. He was now tied to a chair with two guards that stood beside him.

I just smirked at him. I leaned on to his chair and spoke

" Yes, I was weak but now I have turned myself into a dangerous beast and you won't be able to bear his flames. I swear Zachary Williams." I stressed on the name I took listening to which his face paled.