{Twelve}

{Chapter Twelve - Fancy}

I walk around the clothing store in search of a dress. A dress for Dara's Work Party. She said it would be a fairly formal so I should buy a new dress. I already picked my color: Red. I mean I already have red heels, but they're pretty worn out.

"Annyeonghaseyo Unnie, may I help you find anything around the store?" I turn around and smile at the women offering.

"Ah, ne. I would like something red and mature, it should be long as well."

She smiles. "You are very pretty Unnie! I have just the thing." The lady begins walking and I follow her around as she finds what she is looking for. "Ah~ this one is perfect." The young employee gestures me towards the fitting room. When I lock the door I see her flip the dress over the door and I'm instantly astonished by the dress she has picked out.

I grab the dress and I hold it over my own body as I stare at myself in the mirror. It's such a beautiful dress. Out of nowhere I squeal to myself before stripping myself of my own clothes to put on the dress.

I stare at myself. The dress slightly overflowing on the floor. "Unnie? May I see the dress and how it looks on you?" I smile before opening the door, revealing myself. "Wah, I did a good job finding a dress for you! You look really beautiful. I don't even know if words can describe the way you look Unnie!"

I laugh, "You're too kind! If it's not too much to ask do you have any heels that could go with this?" If she can get me a new dress, I'll just get new heels. Screw the one at home. Her smile brightens as if no one has ever asked her for more help than I ever have.

"Just wait here arasseo? I had a pair in mind while you were dressing up!" She runs for a few seconds and comes back with a beautiful pair of deep red heels. I put it on and I feel taller than I already do. I guess I have to get used to this quickly.

I turn towards the woman and I smile. "Gomawo for helping me. I will buy all of this now." She nods before letting me dress myself back into my regular clothes. As I come out I see a grown man yelling at the employee who helped me so earnestly.

"What do you think you're doing squealing like that!? Customers have been complaining that there was no cashier here and you think you can just wander around all you want? I swea-"

"What is going on here." I step in. "I'll have you know that she has been a good employee this whole time. She was helping me pick out a good outfit and out of all the workers here I am overwhelmed to meet someone like her. So don't yell at her like she was not doing her job because I can assure you that she does her job well and there should be more people like her working here." The lady smiles at me with tears in her eyes. She must be really sensitive.

The manager closes his mouth. "Mianhamnida Sara." The man bows before walking back into his office. I look back at her and she fidgets with her clothes.

"Hey, now that he's gone would you like to be my cashier?" Sara beams. She puts my dress and shoes in a bag and hands it over to me gently.

"Gomawo Unnie. I'm very grateful for what you have done." I smile at her before giving my phone number.

"I think we'd be great friends. I'm Jung YooNi." Sara quickly bows before smiling at me.

"Lee Sara. It's very nice to meet you." I say my goodbyes to her as I exit the store and head home.

-

I feel anxious. Daras picking me up in five minutes and I've been stressing for a whole hour. I turned on the T.V. so that I could possibly distract myself from the never-ending pain of nervousness deep in my abdomen. I avoided eating exactly for that reason. I knew myself too well when it came to being this nervous. I was never a people person and it always scared me every time I was invited to a social activity. Yes, I'm that person. I'm very social when it's a small (and when I say small, I mean very small) group.