Resurrection

The rising sun dipped into the crimson dawn, and the stars began to fade, as a girl watched in wonder, peering out the cold window, a curious smile on her face. She placed a finger on the window, feeling the cold fog drip down her hand. She loved this time of the day, early in the morning, when only a few were awake. She loved the stiff freshness in the air, she loved the excitement it brought, another day for her to look forward to. But most importantly, she loved the scarlet that coated the sky.

Scarlet, like the blood, smudged on against her mouth. Like the crimson pool that layered the floor. The inky liquid splattered, as the girl gleefully stepped on it, and with a trail of bloody footsteps, she made her way to the bathroom. She didn't like this part very much, as the waters at this hour were too chilly. The power cut lasting for the past 2 months didn't help either, rendering the heaters useless. Regardless, after a strenuous effort of cleaning the dried blood with a sanguine sentiment, she made her way down the hallway. She was glad the sun was up, for the stairs were visible enough to not let her trip and fall. But, with the hall windows enwrapped with newspapers, the sunlight helped only so much.

Not that she minded. This was perfect, she was left alone, with just her parents and her boyfriend, it was all she needed to be happy.

"Ooh... So hungry." At least, she wanted to believe that her little family was enough. But taking one look across the table, and at the cold faces of household members that stared back at her advised her something else.

"Mama... Papa..." She called, her violet eyes flaring with a longing glint. Her parents, or what used to be her parents sat in silence, leaning their bony shoulders against each other. She looked to the side and glanced at her boyfriend, whose corpse sat hosting maggots. She cringed. She had tried her best to keep them clean, put on new clothes, bathe them, and so on every day, but 3 months was the most she could do.

"Hey... Why did you... And mama... And papa... Call me delusional?" She asked. As she stared at the empty plate in front of her, her mind drifted to the last meal she had. She couldn't remember. It's been a very long time since she's had anything other than blood.

"Hey... Thank you..." She glanced at one of the pedestrian corpses lying against the couch, a form of gratitude etched on her face. The woman could only blink tiredly, as she was all too drained of blood to move.

"Yar blood is nice... It's sweet. I spilt some in my room, hehe." She chuckled awkwardly. She knew the woman was dancing on the thread between life and death. And since she had been feeding on her for the last two days, she felt obliged to show her gratitude.

However, the door burst into pieces, and-

"Satsuri! That wasn't necessary!" Came a voice from behind the settling dust, and out walked a blonde-haired woman, ignoring her partner's whining.

"Sena, make sure the street stays empty. I'll finish this quick." She said with a sharp tone, directing her gaze to the confused vampire in front of her. Confused as she was, she still instinctively switched to her predatory appearance quickly, baring fangs, heterochromatic eyes scanning Satsuri's body to instil death.

"Aria, was it? You've been short on blood, right? Yeah, this will be easy." Satsuri glared, as with a wave of her hand, the broken pieces of the door hovered.

.................

It's a peaceful day at the prison, the inmates are minding their own business, some just relaxing in the backyard.

The window of your room shatters, and out gets thrown a limp, battered and beaten body of Satsuri, who painfully thumps against the ground.