Elena

The time was currently 12:30 am and I was just done with few stretches. About time I hit the bed.

I threw away my cloths and stripped down to my underwear.
"Hnnnn! Much Better!" I exclaimed as I stretched my arms and slightly arched back, hearing few very satisfying pops.

After I was done with that I walked over to the drawer next to my bed. I opened the first row and took a look at my daughter's picture.

I smiled and ran my hand over the glass.
"Good night sweety"

"So that's how you address your daughter....... 'Sweety'."

A sinister voice echoed through the room as the lights went off.

I turned back as quickly as possible.
"Who's there!?"
I asked, facing the darkness.

Soon enough, my eyes got used to the darkness and my vision somewhat improved.

There, in front of me, in the moonlit blue background ,stood a silhouette.
It almost scared the gains out of me.

The person stepped closer to me and i kept my guard up. I had always been brave. Even in this situation, i was calm.......... Until the person came clearly to my view.

I had shivers run down my spine

I had shivers run down my spine....... What the hell is this!? A ghost!?

"W-who are you?" I asked pulling my shivering arms to a fighting stance.

"Oh me? I'm your friendly neighborhood, Alice."
The ghost girl introduced herself while sarcastically bowing.

"Alice?.... Wait..... You're an Inmate!?" i questioned with disbelief, who'd have thought, I lived under the same roof as a ghost girl.

"Well no shit sherlock." the ghost gi- Alice, said while eyeing my cell room.

"A-are........ You a ghost?" i asked, It might be dumb, but better sorry than safe...... I mean 'better safe than sorry!'

"Hmm? Not really. I'm more like a walking ,talking, possession gauntlet. Why would you ask?" She questioned me back.

"I ......was just ......curious"

"Try not to get too curious...... For your own good"

I clicked my tongue and asked.
"What do you want?"

"Hmm? Glad you got to the topic than just wasting my time. Well then, you see ,i need your help." The girl said as she sat down on my bed.

I sat down in front of her in a chair and let the conversation flow.
"Help with what?"

"You heard of the new kid in the prison?"

"Uh... Yeah... A little"

"You see, I want you to protect him"