Comfort

"Um.... Elena..... Why is the backyard so special?" You asked as you and Elena were headed to the back door.

"You'll see" Elena said with a wink.
You just sighed and followed her.

For a while now, You've been following her around the prison hallways and corridors.

For some strange reason, your encounter with Aria earlier didn't really bother you. Coz a lot of things has happened today, And it was hard to focus only on Aria.

Your shoulder still hurt from your earlier encounter with the very ominous Chara, Who almost snapped your shoulder.

And then there's Elena.

You don't why, But you don't sense a speck of hostility towards this woman. Maybe because she saved you twice?

You just shrugged it off and continued walking. While you both silently continued walking, you wondered what made the backyard so special to Elena.

"Meh, Whatever. I'm about to find out anyway." You whispered to yourself.

Elena: "You say something?" She asked hearing your whisper.

"Ah, Nothing" you said shaking your head.

(Y/N)'s pov.

Elena gave a confused shrug and continued walking hand in hand with me.

Maybe I didn't notice this earlier, but now I definitely see her holding my hand.

I drop my head in shame and embarrassment while continuing to walk, hoping the other inmates don't notice us.
I'm literally being assisted by her like a lost child.

Sure, I could ask her to stop. But i know she's just trying to help me get my mind off things. Even though we just met this morning, This woman is shown to be so generous.

And besides, its actually working. I'm actually able to get my mind to stop thinking about things..... Things like- That sick gut feeling about Aria violating me, The rumble in Canteen, and the very frightening encounter I had with Chara earlier.

So much has happened happened since one day..... Can I even last 7 years here?

I don't know....

After few minutes of walking while staring the ground, Elena finally stopped.
When i lifted my head up, I was met with the sight of a wooden door attached to a wall.

"Uhhh........ So........... What now?" I asked. What am I supposed to expect?

Elena: "On the other side of the door, Lies the Backyard" she said as she deeply inhaled and a wide smile spread across her face.

Then she opened the doors, making me squint my eyes due to sudden burst of sunlight.
Feels like its been forever since I've been out in the sun.

So this is how it feels to be like a vampire......... Or Aria..
Ugh! God she keeps popping up in my head!

With my eyes squinted, I stepped out of the door and marched few steps forward with a blurry vision.

Once it felt like I walked past the open door's frame, I was met with gentle breeze. I felt it brush past me.
The Hostile atmosphere I felt few moments ago changed to somewhat more calming.

A feeling akin to standing on a hill top.

A part of me knew I was still in prison........ But another part almost made me feel otherwise.

Unable to stay anymore curious, I opened my eyes. And I was met with a greenery like never before.