Another Traitor

She dropped from a tree and knocked him and her to the ground. She sat perched on top of him as her knees pressed into his arms. Her left hand rested on his throat as a glare covered her face. "Sai, if we work together, why would you leave us to die? You could have saved sakura but instead you rushed over here." she seethed. Crashes from the battle behind could be heard as well as the wind that rushed passed but that didn't matter. She was debating on whether she was going to kill sai or simply beat him. "You're up to something, and I'll be damned if I allow it to happen." she added as her hand tightened around his throat. "I've read that this is a provocative position, are you truly interrogating me or are you up to something else?" he asked as his face held a blank look. "Depends on how both people feel, unfortunate for you I'm not in a provocative type of mood. Now, what are you up to?" she asked as Sai stared up at her.

The two sat in silence as they stared each other down. "I'm not here to harm any of them if that is what you're worried about. I simply have a mission that I am completing." he answered as the woman heard sakura scream. "I'm holding you to that sai. I won't allow you to be an obstacle. But if you act like a good boy then you will be rewarded." she moved her hand and stood. She quickly ran back to the bridge to see naruto being held down by yamato's wood style. The man ran up to Naruto and pushed his palm on naruto's chest. When he pulled away, a chakra line formed from the blonde's body to Yamato's hand. Yamato pushed his hand onto the ground as pillars of wood surrounded naruto. The beast roared as his skin began to reappear as the 9 tail cloak began to disappear. Naruto screamed in pain as his skin looked bloody as opposed to his natural hue. Eventually they finished but naruto's body was covered in wounds. Yamato rid of the pillars that surrounded naruto before sakura raced towards him.

"Yamato! How is he?" Sugimoto yelled as the man shook his head. Sakura begins to heal him and slowly the red hue begins to dissipate. His skin looked much better than before but he still seemed to be in great discomfort. She sighed as she saw Naruto sit up. As the blonde stood up and shared something with yamato and sakura, yamato looked to her and flicked his head in a direction. She nodded and ran off to the direction of the place where Orochimaru and naruto were fighting. As she got there, she noticed the clone leave off to another direction as well. As she dropped into the big hole, she noticed that Sai's things were scattered. She picked them up and placed them in her bag, after she turned and noticed the rest of her group arrive. "(Y/n), sai had gone with orochimaru and we think that he may have been told by a man named danzo to do it. Do you know him?" sakura asked as the woman nodded. "Yes, he was a part of the hawk faction that once opposed the 3rd hokage. But what do we do about sai?" she asked as yamato held his chin. "I don't know, but there is reason to believe that danzo is plotting to bring destruction to the leaf village." yamato spoke.

"Sorry, this whole conspiracy thing doesn't add up. Ok, sai has some boss and he really used to hate the third hokage, but what does that have to do with destroying the whole village or grandma Tsunade?" naruto questioned. "It's not just Lady Tsunade. Remember, she hand picked the current hierarchy. They embody the third hokage's philosophy. And you can bet danzo isn't too pleased about that. But even so, the vast majority of people in the village support the current regime, so it'd be quite difficult to change things." Yamato explained. "With that being said, the only way for him to gain control is by tearing it all down and starting it back over." (y/n) added as she sighed and put a hand on her hip. "It's been three years since the last attack and danzo believes that was enough time for orochimaru to have recovered his strength." sakura guessed.

"But that wouldn't make sense, orochimaru failed the last time. So it's not as if he was the most promising person to run to." sugimoto added. "Yes you have a point but this time as orochimaru attacks, he will have help from the inside as well." sakura spoke as everyone let the words sink in. "Wait, so you mean sai's top secret mission--" naruto started as sakura nodded. "Danzo knew the odds were good that we'd eventually encounter orochimaru. That's why he put sai on our team." sakura concluded as Naruto gasped. "No way."