Fail or Pass?

The morning mist has left everything covered in dew, it made the air brisk and fresh. The young girl rose out of her futon and stretched, she noticed she was up earlier than usual but that was because she had promised to train with Sasuke that morning. She got into her gear which was a lavender-colored dress that had wide slits on the side and was accompanied by black shorts. Her family crest was imprinted on her upper thigh. It was slightly covered by the shorts but it made things easier, if it were on her clothing then she would be more shunned than she is now. People have fully forgotten about the Sugimoto's and were believed to have died off. That being said she wore the Uchiha crest to keep it that way. If word got out wouldn't she be attacked? Anyway, her shoes were mid-calf height but were left at the front door.

She left out of her room, she was quiet as she walked which was needed if she wanted to be a kunoichi. Yet what annoyed her most was that the Uchiha boy was aware of her no matter what. Vice versa for him. They were competitive when it came down to it. She wanted to beat him as he did her, in a playful way of course. As she made it to the kitchen something pulled her to turn around. When she did there was the said boy. She gave a soft smile. "Guess you have work to do, don't you?" she stated to him which led him to sigh. "I do and yet it still doesn't work, you never explained how you can sense me." he looked to the girl who had picked up an orange and begin to peel it. "It's weird really, I am drawn to it. Like it nags at the back of my head to look at it. Everyone does." she admitted and ate a slice of the orange. She offered to the thinking boy and he took one. "That's odd, you're a sensory type?" he asked stoically as he plopped the slice in his mouth. She shrugged and finished the orange. "I can feel if someone is sneaking up near me but that's it." she washed her sticky hands and looked back to the boy. "Well let's go, I'm ready to train." she voiced out which he nodded.

Putting on their shoes and exiting the front door they walked to one of the closed training fields. When they arrive they immediately stood apart from each other. "What have you practiced so far?" he asked as he looked at the girl. She thought before answering. "Earth and water are about it. I tried to combine them but I end up exhausted quickly," she confessed. "You are still new to earth, right? Why not use that today?" he said. She deadpanned and looked around at the soggy and wet ground. It must have rained last night, which gave her a slight advantage. She had many scrolls that taught her techniques, they were her heirlooms and she asked one of the delivery ninjas to get them. Although she questioned why he had a scroll for every nature transformation. Was she able to use them all? Was that her kekkei genkai? So many questions she wanted to ask yet no one she wanted to ask was there. She learned only two techniques from her earth-release scrolls. Her father's sloppy handwriting made reading them an adventure but she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy knowing he had written things down for her future use.

"Ready when you are," she said as she got into her stance, she held onto a kunai tightly. Sasuke ran towards her but she threw her kunai and jumped back, as she did that, Sasuke was doing hand signs for fireball Jutsu. He blew the fire out of his mouth and it came right for her as soon as she landed. It hit her head but a poof was heard to reveal she used substitution, he looked around and saw as she completed her hand signs and mashed her hands to the ground. Soon blobs emerged from the wet and soggy dirt before they formed into wolves. Sasuke was impressed as he threw a shuriken at them and tried to advance toward the girl. Yet whatever harm was done soon was fixed by the surrounding mud. Conjuring up a plan, he used his fireball jutsu again but it was bigger this time and took a bit more of his chakra. The heat of the attack caused the mud to harden which stopped the mud canines in their tracks and made the grass shrivel and burn. "A little unfair and destructive don't you think?" she teased before running to him and throwing multiple shurikens, he deflect the flying stars with his kunai and advanced toward her. He topped her in speed but she made up for it in skill. She was intelligent yet Shikamaru still had her bested in the strategy department.