79.

|||||

|||||

"you can't just leave like that?!" coraline heard karl shout as she walked out of the house, "not without listening to what i have to say!" cora stopped in her tracks and turned to face karl who had walked just outside of the house.

the rest of the boys stood in the doorway watching with sad looks upon their faces, george was devastated at what coraline had said to him but couldn't blame her for being so upset... she was right, he should've told her and he should've tried putting a stop to it earlier.

"fuck you" coraline frowned taking a step backwards and aggressively wiping her tears from her cheeks "you don't get to stand there and tell me what i can and can't do, that i can't be upset that MY BOYFRIEND was openly flirting with someone he knew i hated... make it make sense karl? because i would've rather died then flirt with someone you hated, i would've rather died then flirted with anyone that wasn't you, period"

"i messed up i get that! so let me fucking fix it!" karl shouted slowly making his way towards cora, the blonde girl stood her ground and stayed in her spot while watching karl make his way towards her.

"you want to fix it? go back in fucking time and maybe not say you'd help her get a baby" karl frowned at the comment, it hurt him but she was right, he didn't know why he said what he did but god did he regret it.

"i'm sorry! i'm standing here telling you i'm sorry! so please come back inside and we can talk it out" coraline half scoffed and half laughed at his negotiation before shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

"you must think i'm stupid if you think i'm going back in that house, i'm going home and you're not welcome anywhere near my house unless it's a proper apology and a genuine explanation as to why you basically cheated on me"

"cheat on you?! i'd never cheat on y—"

"YOU BASICALLY DID! SAYING THINGS LIKE "HEY LET ME PUT A BABY IN YOU" AND "LETS SHOWER TOGETHER" IS FUCKING CHEATING KARL!" dream, sapnap, george and quackity all had a deep feeling of guilt for not stopping what was supposed to be 'harmless banter' sooner.

"BUT I DIDN'T DID I?"

"SO YOU NOT IMPREGNATING SOMEONE AND GOING IN THEIR SHOWER IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE THINGS YOU SAID TO HER?"

"you're infuriating" karl all but whispered, he was fed up and confused with why coraline was acting as if he had slept with her? it was a playful joke between two popular internet influencers with millions of fans that surely wouldn't attract that much attention... supposedly.

"and if this was the other way around you would be losing your shit right now, so tell me why it's okay for you to do that? what makes it okay?"

"you're making this bigger then i needs to be"

"am i? am i really?"

"yes really! please just come inside so we can talk it out, please baby" coraline shook her head and looked down at her shoes.

"do. not. call me baby" coraline spoke looking at karls blue eyes with her brown ones "i — i think we should take a break"

karl inhaled sharply and tugged at the roots of his hair "wh- what? you're breaking up with me?" coraline shook her head again and sighed loudly.

"i'm not breaking up with you, i just think we need time to figure ourselves out and work on fixing whatever this is, whatever is happening between us"

"i don't want to see other people, coraline"

"you don't make a very convincing argument... considering the circumstances" george opened his mouth to say something but cut himself off with a sob catching the attention of the others, coraline finally looked up at george and took notice of his red eyes and the shine of the tears that had fallen from his eyes.

for a split second cora felt bad for the things she'd said to george but looked away when she remembered he knew about karl and corinna, and not only continued let karl do whatever the fuck he was doing but continued talking to cora as if nothing was wrong.

"can't you see that we're all hurt here? we get it —"

"you don't get it! you don't get to play the victim here, karl! you chose to say and do all those things, you chose to do that and continued acting as if nothing ever happened whenever we were together"

"because she doesn't matter to me! you're my whole world coraline"

"oh fuck off with that shit! if i was your 'whole world' you wouldn't have... i'm sick of repeating myself, i'm leaving" coraline began to walk away only to get stopped in her tracks by a hand grabbing her arm, coraline turned and ripped her arm from karl's grasp and stumbled backwards.

"don't fucking touch me" she cried, coraline could've sworn she was about to have a panic attack, of course she wanted nothing more then to run into karl's arms and tell him she loved him and that she would be by his side forever but knew it wasn't worth the pain.

"rara... please" karl's voice cracked as he felt coraline slipping through his fingertips, this was his biggest regret... he'd told corinna that him and coraline were a couple and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her but there was something about corinna, her manipulative ways were intoxicating.

"i think it's for the best, have fun with the guys" coraline smiled at him weakly and continued to walk off, her chest burning as she held back a loud sob, tears were streaming down her face at a rapid pace as she ordered an uber to pick her up from a random location.

the only thing running through coraline's mind was "why am i such a fuck up?" "why am i so unlovable?" "why can't i do anything right?" along with the harsh memories of the conversation her and her mother would have when she lived at home.

maybe her mother was right.

|||||

A/N:

hi besties! just wanted to jump in really quick and say that i do not mind if you ask about how updates are going or an estimated time of when the next chapter will be out but please!!!!!!!! stop threatening me to update! i'm trying my absolute hardest to get these chapters out, i promise! :) i'd hate to disappoint you guys

ALSO, on a happier note! please let me know what another book is that you'd be interested in reading! i've got a potential corpse book and a dream book in drafts so just let me know :)