[chapter three] are we out of the woods?

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Pulling up to Beacon Hills Preserve, a dreadful ache settled in Aires chest.

"Are we really going to do this?" She questioned.

Stiles eyes quickly flickered to the girls with an excited look plastered on his face "YES." He shrieked whilst throwing an arm around the Hales shoulder.

"But seriously?" She hissed as she shoved his arm off of her body. "I'm always up for fun- you two idiots know that, but maybe we should sit this one out."

It wasn't that she didn't want to find the body- it was that she didn't want to be in the woods. Her childhood memories consisted of her being in the woods, of her exploring, causing trouble, running.

It wasn't that she had a problem with being in them, it was that she had a problem with the trouble they attracted.

Agreeing with the girl, Scott finally spoke up."Dude maybe she's right, besides what if we get caught?"

Not one of Aires concerns but at least she had somebody to advocate with her- even though she knew Stiles would somehow get his way.

"Oh my god, not you as well Scott. Come on dude, you're the one bitching that nothing ever happens in this town!" He practically yelled at the two.

Giving each other one last look, Scott and Aires began to follow after the pale boy. Nothing Stiles ever suggested ever ended well, and the two had a feeling this would end in disaster just like all of his other ideas.

"Hey I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott fought back, earning a scoff from the girl.

"Right, so you don't get exhausted after all that hard work of sitting on the bench." The Hale snickered, making Stiles chuckle at her remark.

"No, I'm playing this year, in fact, I'm making the first line." Scott replied over confidently, while a smug look on his face.

"Aye Scotty boy now that's the spirit, it's good to aim unrealistically high at things that will never come true, everyone should have a dream, even if its pathetic." Aires sassily replied, once again causing Stiles to snicker with her.

The trio walked in silence with Stiles in front and the other two trailing behind. Whilst trying to keep with the boys pace, Aires began to think deeper into what they were actually doing.

Sighing, the green-eyed girl finally decided to ask the questions that lingered in her mind. "Hey boys, what if whoever killed the body is still out here? What if they see us before we see them and they try to kill us too? What are your plans then dumbasses?"

She could kill them easily, however that wasn't a detail she wanted to disclose to them.

They would never find out the truth, not unless she had no other choice

"Well, if they come at us we split up and run in different directions, Aires you come with me one way and Scott can run the other." Stiles replied, amusement lacing his words.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Suddenly, Aires stopped in her tracks as she eyed the huge hill in front her, a loud groan fell from her lips as she rolled her eyes. "I hate that plan." She mumbled.

As Stiles and Scott quickly began to climb up the hill, Aires remained stood at the bottom, waiting for the two to notice her lack of presence. With a sigh, Scott stopped and turned his head to stare at the blonde, shooting her a puzzled look.

"What?" She snapped. "These are platform doc marten boots, I can't climb a hill in these!" She practically shouted at the pair like it was obvious.

With a roll of his eyes, Scott let out a small sigh and quickly defended the hill.