[chapter twenty nine] look what you made me do

Two weeks had passed since the night at the station. Matt was dead, the coven was dead and the ancestors were dead. Everything was going smoothly for Aires. Spring break had been a blast for her, sure she didn't get to spend it the way he planned to in Beacon Hills, but what better place to go than New York?

"I'll have one cherry vodka."

"ID?" The man asked cautiously, his eyes raking over her body, lingering slightly longer on her chest than they should.

"My eyes are up here you ass." Aires hissed, catching the man off guard.

He quickly spun around grabbing a glass with flushed cheeks. The Hale's lips curled into a devious smirk as she slowly turned around, leaning against the bar top. Bright purple strobe lights flickered around the room as Toxic by Britney Spears played. Aires let out a deep sigh as she glanced around the club, her eyes seeking out a dance partner and a potential kill.

"Not having fun?" A familiar voice whispered in her ear.

The Hale's eyes turnt cold, anger flared inside of her. "What the fuck do you want?" She spat, turning on her heel to face the girl.

"Derek told me you stole $30K of his money and then skipped town." Sage said softly, sadness lacing her voice.

"Oh really? Then why isn't Derek here to ask me about himself?" A scoff fell from her lips. "Don't tell me Allison actually killed him. Damn, I underestimated her, I didn't think she actually had the guts to do it-"

"Dereks not dead." Sage cut in, sighing at the blonde's lack of empathy.

"That's a damn shame, would've saved me a lot of trouble. The last thing I need is him sending you because he thinks that you can help me."

"Actually he didn't send us." Scott said from behind the girl, announcing his and Stiles' presence.

"We came on our own though he did give us the money for the tickets." Stiles mumbled, nervously fiddling about with his hands, only making the girl even more amused.

"I've got to say, I'm surprised it took you this long to find me. These past two weeks in New York have been, well, euphoric." Aires' smirk grew even bigger at the look of shock on her best friend's faces, she found the whole situation very amusing.

"Really, that's the way you're gonna describe killing people?" Scott spat at her.

"First of all the ancestors were self defence, but I can't deny, it was quite fun. They were going to kill me and there was no way I was going to let that happen. As for the coven, they were all murderers anyway, they have killed a lot more people than just me."

"Is that really what you're gonna do, justify killing people?" Scott yelled, stepping closer to the girl.

"Nobody I killed was innocent, not really anyway." Aires sighed, rolling her eyes at the trio.

She turned back to the bar and downed her drink, slamming the glass on the wood with heavy force. She was getting agitated by her old friends, they weren't making her feel anything but pissed off. She didn't want them to know they were getting to her, that's how they would win. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she spun back around on her heel, a dangerous smirk plastered on her face.

As Hips Don't Lie started to play, a playful idea popped into Aires' head. She pushed herself off the bar, taking slow steps away from her old friends.

"This conversation has become way too boring, I think it's time to have some fun." She innocently said, slightly shrugging her shoulders at their confused expressions.