[chapter eight] she was playing with dark magic

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Moonlight shone through the window of the Hale girls bedroom, casting its glow across her face as her mind drifted through the night.

With a gasp, the girls body jolted up as Scott suddenly bursted through the door.

"GET UP!" He shouted frantically whilst ripping the cover off of the girls body.

With a panicked scowl, Aires jumped out of bed and began quickly ripping off her pyjamas. She hadn't spoken to the boy since her brothers arrest and yet he was bursting into her room with demands.

"It's one in the fucking morning, Scott." She snapped with a scowl whilst slipping into her flared leggings.

"I don't care! Derek said to get your ass up right now-"

"Derek?" The girl shrieked in horror as her eyes narrowed on the boy. "Dereks in jail-"

"Not anymore." The McCall boy quickly snatched up her converse and threw them at her. "Quickly put these on!" He hissed with wide eyes.

"Scott what the hell is going on!" As soon as she had finished tying her lace, Scott grabbed her hand and ran out of the house, dragging her along.

Once the two made it onto the street, the boy wasted no time throwing her onto his back and running faster than ever down the road. With a scowl on her face, the girl quickly threw her arms around the boys neck, holding on for dear life as Scott's words replayed in the girls head.

"SCOTT WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!" She screamed.

"The alpha."

Dread blossomed in the Hale's chest as they shortly after they arrived at the industrial buildings. As Scott came to a halt, and the Hale hopped off his back, Aires couldn't help but slowly observe her surroundings. Something was happening, there was something in the air, something she didn't like.

In the distance, a figure quickly walked towards them, a figure the Hale would notice anywhere. Without a second thought, Aires ran to the shadow and swung her arms around it tightly.

"You asshole." Was all she was able to get out before pulling away and glancing between the two boys. "Okay now what the hell is going on?" She demanded.

"The alpha." Derek answered with a sigh. "I caught its scent, it's near here. We're catching him right now, tonight."

"Wait rewind- how the fuck are you out of jail?" She mumbled with narrowed eyes. "Oh my god- you idiot! You broke out of jail, Derek?"

With a roll of his eyes, the older Hale let out a small laugh. "Look, we have until morning to do this before they figure out that i'm missing."

"Yeah and the man hunt begins."

"So come on, let's go! We are finding this alpha tonight."

Aires eyes widened as a scowl twisted onto her face, only then realising the reason for her much needed presence. "Have you lost your damn mind?" She whisper hissed. "This thing could kill us- it killed Laura! And in case you dumbasses forgot, I don't heal! I cant snap my leg and go to school perfectly fine hours later!"

Whilst she was practically screaming, Scott slowly backed away from the girl, leaving it to Derek to handle the raging blonde. Even though he would never admit it, Aires looked terrifying in that moment.

"I know, I know Aires! That's why you need to stay hidden until he gets hurt." Derek mumbled nonchalantly. "Once he is injured he will bleed and if we can't get him then you need to get his blood. I brang a small vial, all you need is your magic to extract it off the ground and into the vile. Then you need to test it, see what type it is. An alphas blood can indicate what type of family it comes from and that will narrow down who it is. It's blood will also tell us who it links to." Derek slowly moved his eyes to meet Scotts, a frown slightly on his face. "I don't think you're the only one that's part of their pack. They are strong, they must have someone powerful connected to them. We need to know what that is. Killing it will make them strong, kill what makes it strong and then kill the alpha. It's simple."