CHAPTER 5

[Author's P.O.V]

The Seventeen Boys were finishing up their rehearsal for their Japanese comeback, 'Not Alone,' and were about to finish their practice for today. Just a little more polishing with the steps and performance before wrapping up.

Everyone applauded when the back dancers who assisted went home, but the boys stayed to rest for a while.

"What a workout!" said Seungkwan as he collapsed exhausted on the floor. Seokmin grimaced as he saw him lying on the filthy floor that had been stepped on several times by many people.

"What an unsanitary thing to do, boo," he said to the youngster as he lay down next to him.

"Yet you're doing the same thing."

"I never said we couldn't."

Hansol unexpectedly received a message while the boys were relaxing, sitting, sipping water, changing clothing, or lying down on the floor.

He was astonished to receive one from Heric in the G.A.M.E.S. app when he examined who it was from. He had no idea people could send messages from that app, and it was the last thing he expected to get messages from.

But instead of dismissing it, he checked what Heric had sent him. Although he kept silent, his demeanor revealed his feelings, and Jihoon was drawn in by Hansol's stunned reaction when he saw him.

"Are you okay, Hansol?" he said, which the other members in the room heard.

The boy nodded and stated, "I just got a message from Heric via the G.A.M.E.S. app."

His words drew their attention, and they were as shocked as he was. Curiosity got the best of them, and some crowded around him to see what he received, while others listened instead.

While they gathered, Hansol responded, which Heric immediately read and reacted with a comment followed by a thumbs up emoji.

"He said that he and Yumi are planning to get their familiars and asked if we wanted to join in," he said, eliciting slight gasps of interest.

"And what did you reply?" Jeonghan inquired.

"I asked if they were already in the game, and he and Yumi are about to log in."

It was a tough decision for the boys. They went to great lengths to get out of the game. Yet here they are, eager to return to the world they once desired to escape.

As Hansol waited for their responses, the room grew silent. He couldn't make a decision for everyone. They might not have the same answers, so it's essential to get everyone on board before doing anything rash.

"Are we joining them or not?" Hansol broke the silence.

"Jeonghan Hyung did say that we'd play again in our free time," Minghao explained.

"And we're free now, so are we in?"

For a brief while, the boys exchanged glances to ensure that everyone felt the same way. The silence was broken as Jeonghan stated, "Let's go get our familiars."

[Yumi'S P.O.V]

It's a Saturday afternoon, and I'm at a Seventeen-themed café with Suhyun and Yeonsu. I had intended to go shopping for food to bring into the game, but instead I got drawn into yet another idol-themed café.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy eating out, whether it's at a themed restaurant or a café. But! This is our third idol-themed café for the day, and to be honest, my pants are about to explode from how stuffed I am. To relieve the discomfort, I unbuttoned my jeans and zipped them open, then covered them with my oversized shirt.