CHAPTER 16

Three 8-foot-tall Hyenas emerged.

They snarled menacingly, their glowing orbs glaring at us as their jaws covered with foam.

We instantly pulled out our weapons, pointing towards them. Not succumbing to their intimidating appearance.

"What do we do?" panicked Seungkwan.

"We have no choice but to fight," I said, in a chary state.

"I've never fought monsters like these before," Minghao admitted, shifting his gaze to me in terror. "What are they?"

"I've only heard this from Heric and Angela. With their yellow-orange stripes and electric antennas, these are no doubt Electric Hyenas."

One of the most dangerous hyenas and one of the most endangered creatures in the gaming world. It attacks with an electric shock that electrocutes at a thousand volts. Enough to kill whatever is in its path.

"They're dangerous, so keep cautious," I said as they returned their attention to the hyenas. These monsters snarled at us, as if they were ready to pounce at any moment.

Mingyu began with his 'Vision' power, staring intensely at the Hyenas in front of him, but due to the electric field protecting the beasts, he wasn't able to trace where their hearts were.

As that was happening, Minghao directed his familiar, Spy, to deliver a message to Seungcheol about our condition in the castle's kitchen.

He then drew out his Katana blade, charging his power within him at the same time, while chanting, "Time." His eyes became bionic as his surroundings slowed in his perception.

He charged for the nearby Hyena, but just as he was set to slice the monster up, an electric force shielded it. This sent him flying back, and his body slammed into the cottage wall.

"Minghao!" I yelled frantically as I dashed towards him to restore his health.

When everyone's attention was drawn to the injured lad, one of the Hyenas took the opportunity to attack. Its target is Seungkwan.

The boy noticed the monster approaching him at a lightning-fast pace. In a panic, he tried to attack with his cold fire, but the monster evaded everything.

In response, the hyena launched an electric bolt at him. Geomjeong emerged from his master's shadow meters before the bolt's point hit the boy. Receiving the hit, electrocuting him.

Seungkwan's eyes widened in horror as he realized what had occurred. "GeomJeong-ah!" he cried as he rushed to his partner.

Seokmin stood vigilant over his hunt-mate, Snow, by his side as his partner snarled menacingly at the Hyenas.

When he saw his master weeping, the panther sought to console him with a feeble whimper. After I was done with our samurai, I headed to them next.

"I'll help," I murmured as I knelt beside him. Seungkwan moved his partner closer to me as he sniffed and wiped his tears with the back of his hand, trying to get his act together.

Minghao and Mingyu joined Seokmin in guarding Seungkwan and me as I aided the beast.

"What do we do? They're too strong," Mingyu worriedly asked.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do either. Despite the fact that I entered the game months before they did, this was my first interaction with these monsters.

I used to believe that electric hyenas didn't exist and that they were all part of Angela's stories to scare Heric and me on our mission, but not until today.