CHAPTER 12

[Yumi'S P.O.V]

With a huff and a thrilled smile, I twisted my key and closed the door to my flat. I take my belongings to the elevator and ride down to the ground floor.

I'd always wanted to put my linguistic skills to good use. Learning new languages and assisting others with them has always been a dream of mine. But I've been self-conscious and doubtful of my knowledge.

However, after a few efforts and interviews, I've finally landed a position with a company in Seoul, South Korea.

The quiet environment within the elevator made me reflect on my new life in a different country.

Because this is my first trip to South Korea, I am really worried but also full of excitement.

I arrived at the bottom floor seconds later and walked out to depart the building. Stepping outside, I found Yeonsu and Suhyun waiting for me with a car in front of them.

My friends were overjoyed when I told them the great news and volunteered to drop me off at the airport. Seeing them in front of me helped to calm my nerves.

"You look nervous," Yeonsu commented.

"I mean, I would be nervous as well if I got to work for the Hybe Entertainment," Suhyun continued.

As she stated, I will be working for Hybe Entertainment as a graphic designer and make-up artist, but primarily as a translator.

They assisted me in carrying my stuff and placing it in the trunk before we hopped inside and proceeded to the airport.

Despite the fact that these two continued saying their goodbyes when we arrived, this will not be our last meeting. And, while it may be a little lonely without them, I'm hoping to make new friends with the other employees there.

As I sat in my designated airport seat, I realized I hadn't done any research on the company I'd be working for.

Suhyun and Yeonsu recommended that I apply to whatever prominent entertainment company exists, and Hybe was the only South Korean company that accepted me.

The only biography I am aware of is that of the CEO, but the artists and whole history of the company have yet to be investigated.

It might be unprofessional of me to do so; therefore, I've decided to do my homework thoroughly when I arrive at my apartment unit.

***

I landed at Incheon International Airport a few hours later. I strolled out of the lobby after retrieving my luggage to be met by the blue sky and cold weather of Seoul, South Korea.

As I stepped outside, the cool breeze brushed over my skin and hair, making me quiver slightly.

It was a good thing I was wearing my jacket; otherwise, it would have been chilly without it.

Looking to my left, I noticed a woman carrying a card with my name inscribed on it. I approached the woman and bowed. "Hi, my name is Yumi Mizukasa!" I said.

"Hello there! May I see your passport, please?" she inquired, and I quickly handed her my passport.

She unlocked the door for me to get inside the car when she established that Yumi was me, and she drove straight to my apartment unit.

The car was in motion, and I was taking in the view outside the window. It was my first time visiting another country, and it was fascinating to me.

Although there were a few similarities between Seoul and Tokyo, there were also some noticeable distinctions, ranging from the words and letter use to the netizens' atmosphere and attire.