CHAPTER 6

Once Lady Elvina opened the door to our room, where we would be able to obtain our familiar, the light illuminated from within. The room was like entering a lush, green paradise.

The ceiling was supported by big, creamy white pillars hugged by plants on either side of the wide green room.

In front of us stood two statues of angels, one on each side of the open window, holding a pot with water cascading out of it and out the window, producing a waterfall.

Lastly, a mountain cliff resembling that in The Lion King is placed beneath the angels.

Our mouths were agape with wonder, rendering us speechless; it was simply magical!

"This, ladies and gentlemen, is where you will receive your familiar." Elvina proudly welcomed us all as we entered, softly gesturing to the cliff with her hand.

"How does it work?" Joshua inquired avidly.

"To be blessed by the Gods, you must first drink a handful of the holy waterfall from the duo angels, then kneel, bow your head, and close your eyes. Do not open them until I request you to. The light will do its magic as it will choose your partner for you."

Even though it was an easy task to complete, it was extremely nerve-racking. Nevertheless, the ceremony began, beginning with Heric.

He walked up to the cliff, cupped his hand to scoop the sparkling water from the waterfall, and then drank it. He took a step back, kneeled, and then bowed his head with his eyes closed.

A ball of light floated down from the mirror ornament fixed on the wall above the waterfall seconds later. The light ball then glowed before entering Heric's body, causing him to glow as well.

The enchantment faded seconds later, completing the process of his blessing.

"You may stand, Heric," Elvina said, and he did so, turning around with a smile.

She had placed a wooden whistle on a serving platter for the individual to use as he was climbing down the cliff.

"You can call out your familiar by their given name, but since we haven't done that yet, please blow on this whistle; you won't be able to hear it, but your familiar will."

Heric gently grabbed the whistle from her and blew on it. We couldn't hear anything no matter how hard Heric blew on the whistle, as Elvina had said.

However, as soon as he blew on it, a creature appeared from behind him. A banshee had materialized, and upon seeing his master, the creature bowed in respect as a greeting.

"That is one large snake," Hansol whispered with concern.

The sight of the bashe in front of us caused my team, from the boys first mission, to back away in fear. You can imagine how terrified we were when it was in its original little size. We were terrified given that we were face-to-face with a massive one that spanned half the height of this structure, similar to Heric's familiar.

"You have to name him, Heric," Elvina reminded him.

While we all waited patiently, Heric came up with a name. It wasn't difficult for him because he had already prepared at least three names and chose the first one on the list. "Your name is Ash," he said, and the serpent gleamed as if it had been baptized.

"Lastly, check your partner's power to get to know their ability," Elvina said. "However, keep in mind that only the Master has the ability to check its partner's power; all you have to do is swipe your hand to the right in front of your familiar, and the information will appear."