CHAPTER 17

"Then you wouldn't mind if I married her, would you?"

"P-pardon?"

"Marry me and be my wife," he repeated.

Yumi was taken aback by his sudden proposal, and the royal highnesses responded with an uneasy giggle.

"We told Hilot that he could pick his wife-to-be when he turns 20," the queen stated, demystifying the prince's abrupt actions.

"Since he chose you, we have nothing to worry about!" the King said, and Yumi panicked as she heard them approve of their son's selfishness.

"U-uhm, I'm flattered you chose me to marry, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline the proposal. I'm sorry," she respectfully declined with a bow. The prince, however, was not content with her response.

"Why not? I've chosen you; you should be grateful!" the prince said haughtily.

The Imaginator huffed softly and flashed an uncomfortable smile. When confronted with the prince of Holland, the notion that is believed to be a rumor turns out to be a giant-flipping fact.

She couldn't believe those women were still drawn to someone like him. He was indeed gorgeous, but his personality didn't do his attractive physique justice.

"I am thankful!" she said, "but I already have someone I love," and then lied.

It was not in her nature to marry someone she had only met and who was so egocentric. She had already denied his proposal, but it wasn't enough, so this was the only option she could think of to get away from the prince's play.

"But you're not dating or married, are you?"

She stammered, "N-no, your highness."

"Then it's settled," he declared. "You will be my bride!"

Yumi tried declining again, but it was too late. Everyone has heard Hilot's selfish announcement, which drew cheers from the audience.

They congratulated the prince as he waved and bowed conceitedly to the audience. The young females even looked at her with envy.

She didn't know whether to butt in or decline at this moment. There was no place for her to do so, and with their "marriage" proclaimed, there was no time for her to decline.

Yumi was battered and enraged—very enraged. Despite the fact that she had already turned him down several times, she couldn't believe he didn't listen to what she said.

She realized she had to act before things got any worse and ended up marrying the prince. This was completely unacceptable.

***

Yumi and Mingyu returned to the hotel as soon as the celebration finished. Trying to stay as far away from the prince as possible.

The Imaginator dropped down on the bed in Jeonghan and Jun's room as the others watched her groan in frustration, using the pillow to conceal her screams.

She needed to relieve herself after the nonsense she experienced at the party. In the midst of her tirade, the boys looked at her with complete awe.

Hansol took a step closer to Mingyu. "Did the party not go well?" he asked, surprised and concerned, and was met with a hesitant giggle from Mingyu.

"Well...about that."

He told everyone the reason behind Yumi's distressed behavior, not leaving out any details. They were all stunned. It felt like something out of a fanfiction novel; they hadn't anticipated such an occurrence.