CHAPTER 15

It was just another day at work. Seventeen has a special film scheduled for this late morning, and all of the members dressed up like different members for the video.

Yumi exclaimed, "Jeonghan-shi!" as he turned around. "Let me fix your make-up," she said, then wiped the sweat from his brow and applied powder to his face.

The clown was bothered by how she addressed him, so he remarked, "You know, you don't have to call me so formally. We're friends."

"We're at work. We might be friends personally, but you're still older than I am in the industry."

He let out a gentle sigh. "That's true, but still," he complained. Yumi finished and moved on to the next person in line.

"Mingyu-shi! "she yelled out.

"Noona!" Mingyu waved to her as she approached him, who was standing beside Wonwoo.

Jihoon then scooted beside them, frowning, in the middle of her job. "Will we play G.A.M.E.S. after this?" he inquired.

"Are you already wishing to rest after weeks of working?" Yumi replied sarcastically.

"You remember how time doesn't stop inside the game when we're here?" he said. "In just three hours, I have piano lessons with the prince. I can't skip that."

"I'll go with you then," Wonwoo said.

Whether they like it or not, they must all log in if one of the members does. Angela and Heric were included. That's exactly how the rules are, because if one person stays here while the other logs in, time will stop in the earth realm. Similarly to what happened to Yumi before, on the day they arranged to own a familiar.

The director begins recording minutes after the crew has finished fixing the boy's make-up and hair.

"You guys have fun with your Switch version performance," Yumi said as she walked away.

"Thanks, noona!" Mingyu replied with a smile and a wave, while the others smiled and bowed.

Haejin handed her a cup of coffee as she headed back to where the other staff members were behind the camera to relax during their little break.

"Thanks," she murmured, huffing in exhaustion.

"How is your stay here so far?" Haejin inquired as she sipped her drink.

"Tough, but manageable," Yumi answered, and as she sipped her drink, Haejin spotted one of the members giving her a sidelong glance.

The boy slowly switched his gaze to Haejin, who was staring back at him. When he noticed the woman catching his eyes towards her buddy, he hurriedly averted eye contact.

She beams. "I noticed Wonwoo-shi keeps staring at you; could he, perhaps?" she teases, earning a disbelieving wince from Yumi.

It baffled her how delusional her Sunbaenim was; she knew she applied to an entertainment company in Seoul full of artists, but she didn't apply for this position merely to hook up with the artists.

"What drugs are you on, Sunbae? We only met a couple of weeks ago," she says before turning her focus to the gamer.

Coincidentally, she happened to catch him glancing at her before he quickly averted his gaze.

He was embarrassed and pretended to be talking to his members while they were preparing for the performance.

He returned his gaze a few seconds later. But this time, he waved with an embarrassed look. Yumi responded to him with a slight grin and her fist raised, sending gestures of encouragement.