𝟎𝟓 || 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Life is a strange thing.

You have no idea what the next chapter is gonna bring. Is it going to be the best thing that ever happened to you or your biggest mistake? Or maybe both.

My life back in Los Angeles was easy and almost written by my parents. Every day I spent mostly locked in our big mansion, working on myself to be my best version for my internship at Vogue. I wanted to be perfect and I had to be perfect.

After all, I'm Grace Sawyer. The daughter of one of the most influential people in Los Angeles.

I had no right to make mistakes because all eyes were always on me.

My friends are always well chosen and even in their eyes, I have to be perfect to maintain my reputation. Only Scarlett knows me. The real me.

Sadly, I have to pretend I'm perfect to satisfy people I don't even care about. But that's my life.

Somehow I got used to it.

Although I've always wanted to be an ordinary girl.Just Grace.

I want to go to parties without worrying that I will get drunk and my name will end up on the cover of some fancy magazine, making me look bad, making my parents look bad. I want to choose my friends myself and not according to their status in society.

I want to fall in love.

But this is impossible with parents like mine.

Whenever it comes to a boy, Dad won't listen to me, and even Mom can't change his mind.

If he's not rich with a high status in society, my parents won't allow me to be with him.

I just know it... That's why I've never tried to fall in love.

Why just hurt me?

But here in Hawaii, everything is different... I'm different.

Nobody knows who the hell I am or how successful and rich my parents are. I don't have to worry about anything at all. I can just be myself, and I know that Kayla, Hunter, and the others won't judge me.

And that makes me so fucking happy.

"What do you think, Grace?"

A male voice brought me back to reality, making me shake my head and turn my attention to everybody around me, who were all staring at me, waiting for my answer.

What the hell did I miss?

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked Hunter, who was staring at me anxiously. For how long they were waiting for my answer, damn it?

"Your brother suggested we have a little party here, what do you say?" Valerie added evenly.

I have a feeling that this girl doesn't like me and I don't even know why.

Everyone talks to me, we have fun together... except her.

I frowned unconsciously at my brother, who's lying down on one of the lounge chairs, looking up at me with amusement.

"Our parents will kill us" I said, looking at him, but I can feel Aiden's gaze on me, which made me even more nervous.

"Only if they find out." Blake added. smiling like an idiot. "They won't be here for two days, so I don't see why not" he shrugged, sipping from his beer, and I sighed.