𝟐𝟔 || 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

AIDEN POV:

There are things in life that you are never prepared to happen.

And for every person these things are different.

For me, one of those things was to face my ex-girlfriend Jade.

My body froze and my eyes refused to blink. I just stared at her, as if a ghost is standing in front of me.

But I knew she was real and she's here.

And she has changed a lot since the last time I saw her.

She had long brown hair, but now it's black and short to her shoulder. I saw her fake lashes, and the fillers in her lips. I just know her lips weren't that big.

She was a natural beauty but now.. now she's everything else but natural.

It had nothing to do with the old Jade ... my Jade.

I realized how awkward the whole situation is, especially when I saw Jade literally kill Grace with her look while Grace is staring at me in confusion.

I took a deep breath, moving my attention to Jade before saying "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you, obviously" she spoke through her teeth, shifting her gaze from me to Grace.

"You come back to Hawaii to see me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows sarcastically. "I don't have time for your fucking games, Jade. Tell me, what are you here for?" I asked again, already annoyed by this conversation.

She sighed, stopping her gaze on me. "Can we talk?" She barely said with hope in her voice.

"It's not the best time for that" I answered quickly and emphatically

"Just a minute, please."

She was ready to cry I can fucking see that, and before I could say no, I heard Grace's voice coming from behind my back.

"I'll leave you guys alone" she barely whispered avoiding my gaze, and before I could say anything she hid in the kitchen, leaving me alone with Jade.

I took a deep breath, closing the door behind me so I could leave the house and face her.

Do you know what is the strangest thing?

It doesn't hurt to look at her the way I thought it would.

"I'm listening but make it quick" I said evenly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why? Because your girlfriend is waiting for you?"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"So you're just fucking her?"

"What? No" I exclaimed, faster than I even wanted. "I don't have time for your nonsense, Jade, talk and leave."

When she saw that she won't get the information she wanted from me, she sighed defeated, and ran a hand through her hair.

"I'll stay in Hawaii for a while" she said timidly, staring at me

"Okay and?" I said uninterested, I'm getting annoyed from this pointless conversation

What does she expect me to say? That I'm so happy to see her and I can't wait to spend my time with her while she's in Hawaii? Is this some fucking joke or something?