𝟏𝟖|| 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Awkward.

This is the only word I can use to describe the situation at the moment.

My father "kindly" asked Blake to accompany him to the kitchen, but I knew from the look on his face I just know he was mad. Extremely mad.

After Blake and my father left the room, there was an awkward silence, and the Williams family looked at each other in confusion.

At the same time, Aiden stood proudly in the middle of the room, hands in his jeans pockets, staring at me with a straight face while I wanted to sink in the ground with all the fucking  emotions rushing through my body.

"Um, please join us for dinner" Mom said with an awkward smile on her face, before turning to our maids with a kind smile, and the women nodded as they left the room to bring everything Kayla and Aiden needs to join us for dinner.

"Thank you, Anastasia" Aiden smiled, sitting down next to me.

Next to me.

My body tightened from Aidan's closeness, I squeezed the fork tightly in my hands, trying not to draw everyone's attention to me. That's the last thing I need right now.

Kayla and Aiden introduced themselves to the Williams family, then Kayla sat down next to Aiden.

And again there was an awkward silence.

I had at least a hundred scripts in my head about how this dinner was about to go, but I hadn't even thought for a second that Aiden would be sitting next to me with a big selfish smirk on his devilish face.

God, you must hate me. There is no other explanation for doing all of this to me.

My mother tried to make a small conversation with the Williams family just to avoid the awkward silence, and I was still trying to normalize my heartbeat. Life is making some serious fucked up jokes with me, I'm telling you.

I turned my head to Kayla, totally ignoring the devil sitting next to me and his dominant gaze burning my skin.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered for only her to hear me while my mom was still talking with our guests.

"Blake invited us for dinner" she replied in a whisper, leaning slightly to hear her. "I didn't know there would be more people."

"I knew," Aiden added, leaning back in his chair totally unbothered.

I looked at him with an ironic look, and he was smirking from ear to ear, still staring at me.

Why the hell does he have to be so handsome and such a jerk at the same time?

And why every time I look at him I think of the night he fucked me so good as if his damn life depended on it?

I clenched my thighs, feeling my pussy throbbing at the thought of that night. I think I won't be able to forget it. Never.

When I'm old, running out of time and someone asks me when was the moment I felt most alive in my whole fucking existence my mind will always go back to that night. Always.

Before I could say anything back, my father burst into the room unhappily, and Blake was close behind him with hands in his pockets, looking as calm as ever. He just loves to play on our dad's nerves.

Slowly and calmly he set down next to Kayla while my father settled in his usual place, just in time for our maids to bring dinner for Aiden and Kayla.