•20

"I really mean it Kavin, I lov-"

"Please don't,Amp........you know I can't look at you like that"Kavin said gently and Amp's eye's got teary.

"B-but why? W-why can't I be the one? Just tell me what do I need to be the one you love? I can protect you and love you , I'm sure I'll never leave you alone"

"And I'm sure I'll also love you and protect you, but not just the way you want me to"

"Why? Is there someone else that you like?"her voice kept cracking and tear's rolled down her cheeks that broke his heart.

"N-no, but I only love you as a friend. P-please understand me and stop crying. It hurts to see you cry for me"he said and reached out to wipe her tear's and she let her.

She just stood there still and he was sad that he's the reason behind her tears. He already feels so close to her and he didn't want her to walk away from him as a good friend.

"Please don't h-hate-"

"Even if I want to I can't ......... because I can understand you"she said and looked into his worried eyes and smiled a little.

"I-it's fine........it really is........ don't worry,go back to your friends"Amp said and he looked at her feeling hesitant about leaving her alone and she chuckled and wiped away her tears.

"J-just go.......I just need some time alone and I'll be really fine........ I'm just happy being your friend"

"You'll always be one to me"

"Then I'm happy, trust me"She said smiling and he nodded once but didn't wanted to walk away leaving her alone. Since she wanted her time to take in the reality slowly she bowed to him a little and walked away.

_

"She must be so heartbroken"Thyme said to himself but deep in his heart he was feeling happy that Kavin turned her down. Which means he still stands a chance and even if it means losing this friendship, he'll have to open up to him about his real feelings. No longer he can hold back because the feelings are growing bigger and not smaller. To a point where he don't think he could hide it away from others eyes anymore. He's feeling that tendency to protect him away from everything,to show everyone that Kavin is only his feelings jealous everytime someone else is so close to him.

He needs to confess as soon as possible. If he's to wait more, probably he wouldn't even get a chance. Better trying rather than regretting later.

_

"Don't be sad,Amp. You're just not meant to be in love with eachother"Her brother patted her head and she chuckled sadly.

"I know, I'm just........well I just needed a little time to accept the reality. I know love isn't something you can force on someone..........I just hope that he'll get someone who'll love him and take care of him dearly"She said and sipped the chocolate milk her stepbrother made for her.

"You'll find your love too, just wait for the right time"he said and she smiled and nodded.

"But Amp,you don't look thaaaat sad"He said and she chuckled.

"I expected this. Kavin was always like a good friend to me but I just tested my luck today since I wasn't abled to get rid of the feelings. I thought I wouldn't cry,but his word's really did hurt ...........aaaahhh so embarrassing"she laughed in tears at herself and he patted her head and smiled a little as he continued comforting his little sister.

_

A week was busy for every students since they were going to have one month study holiday before their exams and before the holidays begin they'll have to submit all the pending assignments and notes. Everywhere they're were students helping out eachother doing the assignments and all. Two among them were Thyme and Ava while Kavin sat there relaxed, reading a book and helped them from time to time. Since he already submitted everything on time.