persistent

•deviation from the plot•
•possible OOC•
•hints of violence•

||Eight||

"You ungrateful brat! You wanna die that much huh?! No wonder your mother leave you here!" Punches and kicks came in [M/N]'s thin body. His father, who is drunk again, mercilessly punched him while saying some malicious words.

After coming home from his part-time job, he saw his father was wasted again. His father was abusive and often beat him and his mother.

His mother endured his beatings for years to the point of her almost dying multiple times. His mother is a very kind and gentle person. She doesn't blame anyone for her circumstances instead she keeps blaming herself for making wrong decisions that resulted in her hardships later on.

[M/N] remembered his mother keeps apologizing to him, he doesn't know why she always apologized but now he understands.

She's apologizing because she can't give him a better life, she's apologizing because he had to put up with the outcome of her wrong decision.

That is why she always protected him as a way of repentance. Hoping that her child won't suffer that much, but [M/N] can't bear to see his mother be beaten every day.

So he convinced her to leave the house, leaving only him. At first, she rejected, but [M/N] said that after a few years he will also leave the house and come find her to let them live together again.

[M/N] was just saving some money so that they can live at ease when he finally decided to leave his father.

But his father discovered the hard-earned money that he's hiding, and now [M/N] was getting beaten right now.

"You have a lot of money while I'm having a hard time coming up with the way to earn some cash for our food!" He said as he beat the lying teenager in the ground.

The latter won't dare fight back as he was afraid that he can't control his strength and ended up killing his nominal father.

He can't afford to do that as he doesn't want to spend years in juvenile, his mother is still waiting for him.

He got beaten for hours before his father got tired and asked him to get out. [M/N] carried his battered body out of their house.

He wipes the blood that comes out of his mouth while walking aimlessly. Not really knowing where to go. Every time he got beaten up by his father he will wander around their area to ease the pain in his body.

His steps are unsteady resulted in him bumping into someone. He didn't bother apologizing for his mind was still in a daze.

The guy that he bumped into holds his shoulder and roughly turned him towards them.

"Yo! You bumped into us and not even saying sorry? Aren't you an arrogant one?" Said the guy with a pompadour blonde hair.

The other guys wearing some kind of gang uniform, [M/N] remembered that there's a lot of gangs in their area. But he's busy minding his own life that is why he doesn't care about those gangs causing some kind of turmoil in their place.