hello again

•deviation from the plot•
•possible manga spoiler•

||Eighteen||

"I knew you were here," Leo said as he sit beside [M/N]. Leo found [M/N] in the abandoned building that they used to go to when both of them were having trouble in both of their houses.

[M/N] has a habit of going to this place whenever he has something on his mind or if he's pondering about a problem. Years after, that habit was still engraved in him, and it seems like that will stay with him for a lifetime.

The unpleasant smell inside the building doesn't bother them as they're sitting side by side at the edge of the 7th floor, their feet were dangling and going along with the wind. The constant sound of vehicles and insects from inside and outside of the building was engulfing the both of them.

"I just had the sudden urge to come here after visiting Shin." [M/N] explained looking at the sunset opposite them. The warm glow of the setting sun reflecting on his skin makes him look like a gentle and tranquil person, which was the very opposite of his true personality. He's a free spirited and easy going person, and the kindness that he gives to people also relies on how people treated him. If they're kind to him, he will also treat those people with kindess.

[M/N]'s lips hooked on a small smile as if remembering something from the past. The wind was gently blowing his hair making the atmosphere more peaceful.

"This place is very stinky and old, yet it made me feel calm and safe. It's very strange." [M/N] inhale as he spread his arms to feel the breeze hitting his body.

"Are you worried about the war between the three deities?" Leo cautiously asked as he also looks toward the setting sun. [M/N] hummed as he swing his feet that were dangling in the air back and forth.

"I guess I'm pretty worried about that. Say, Leo." [M/N] paused as he seemed to ponder about his next words before continuing, "If Shin was still alive, do you think he'll be disappointed in me?" Leo stayed silent as he doesn't know how to answer that question.

Although Leo decided to go along with [M/N], there were times when he also wondered what [M/N]'s purpose for going on this path. He doesn't want to question his decision because they've been together for years and he didn't doubt [M/N] even once.

But when both of them became a pawn of the Nine-Tailed Organization and became involved in some deep shit he started to question what's the meaning of all their actions. Especially [M/N]'s. [M/N] became what he hated the most. He takes someone's life using his own hands, and for what?

He doesn't know what kind of outcome is waiting for them at the end of all of this, they just decided to continue moving forward as if all of this is very normal.

They continue to move forward as if it doesn't bother them, but they know from the bottom of their hearts that they're slowly becoming monsters. The darkness that was residing in their hearts is slowly eating them, it's just a matter of time before they finally succumbed to it.

"Although I did this on my own, I'm starting to regret everything. And constantly having a 'what if' scenario in my head. My hate for myself keeps getting bigger and bigger as I keep committing something unredeemable. Whenever I woke up from my nightmares I'm wondering if I'm still inside that nightmare as I can't distinguish reality and dreams anymore." [M/N] looked at his palm with a frown between his brows as if seeing something very unsightly.

"Every time I look at this hand I'm having an urge to just end my life to hopefully end this suffocating feeling creeping in my chest. I guess I'm a lost cost now. If Shin saw me like this he will be very mad at me." [M/N] let out a self-mocking laughing.

Leo can't take it anymore as he roughly pulled [M/N] beside him making him look at him. He cupped [M/N]'s face with his hands as he put both of their foreheads together.

"Even if you ended up hating yourself, I won't hate you. I'll always like you more than you like yourself, so you can rest assured as I won't abandon you halfway through." Leo said seriously and smiled as he put some distance between them.

When he finally comes to his senses he realized what he had just said. He frantically turns his head to the side hoping that [M/N] won't see his reddened face.

'Did I just confess? Fuck!' Leo thought as he continued to panic internally. He lets out a cough to relieve his awkwardness.

After a few seconds of silence, Leo heard [M/N] laugh slowly, he can't help but look at him wondering why the other is suddenly laughing.

"I know, do you think I wouldn't notice? Am I that dense?" [M/N] handed Leo a wrapped lollipop.

"I was actually wondering when are you going to confess, didn't expect you to just suddenly blurt that out." When [M/N] saw that Leo doesn't have any plan to take the lollipop, he unwraps it and puts the lollipop in Leo's mouth.

"Then I guess we're stuck together." [M/N] stands up and pats his buttocks to dust away the dirt that was stuck on his pants.

"But that confession, I'll think about it!" [M/N] laughed as he walk towards the door leaving Leo stunned for a while before catching up to him.

Leo doesn't know what [M/N] meant when he said that he's going to think about it, but his heart won't seem to calm down no matter how many times he inhaled and exhaled to relax his heart.

After walking out of the abandoned building, [M/N] received a call from Hanma informing him about Draken's death and the gathering of the three deities.

It looks like the 3 gangs were about to clash so [M/N] decided to go to the place that the three deities were gathered.

He suddenly had a bad feeling about all this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y'all I'm back ( ;∀;) although this is a short chapter.

I'm sorry for the lack of chapters for the past few days(?) Or weeks. I suddenly lost the inspiration for writing this so I took some time off before continuing.

And a plot twist ಠ_ಠ [M/N] didn't end up getting together with any of the TokRev characters, instead he got together with my OC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Thank you for the 17k reads y'all

And also this is a filler chapter to make up to my absence ಥ_ಥ

~Bajifuyu