Chapter 29

"Welcome home, son."

The room was tense as everyone turned to Todoroki to see his reaction, but his face was as emotionless as the king's.

"Father." Todoroki greeted curtly.

"I thank you, young travellers, for returning my heir to me. We shall take him from here." Midoriya opened him mouth, about to protest however Todoroki cut in, meeting the eyes of King Enji.

"My apologies father, but that will not be happening. My friends have some demands that we want you to meet."

The King sat up, almost as if he were shocked, but when (Y/n) looked closer he only seemed intrigued, "A ransom?" He glared, spitting it out almost like it was a joke.

"A bargain." (Y/n) spoke up weakly, hiding her voice crack, "We wish to speak to you about our feud with Eragon.

Enji raised his eyebrow, sneering his lip as he repeated the name as it it were poison on his tongue, "Eragon." He sniffed, relaxing back into his throne, "What business do you have regarding those pests."

Kaminari clenched his fist. (Y/n) could feel the static tension radiating off the boy and rested a gently hand upon his wrist, "Our business does not just concern Eragon, our main issue is with the League."

He snorted, "Pray tell what difference there is between the two."

"Eragon is not at fault, your highness." Uraraka nervously twiddled her hands together. Midoriya nodded silently, placing his hand on her shoulder.

Todoroki stared hard at his father, "We have encountered them on our journeys. They're growing stronger, gaining more. Some from Elmont judging by their accents. Their leader also."

"You have encountered their leader?"

"His name is Shigaraki, your highness, I... knew him once before."

Enji glared at her suspiciously, "Knew him, you say? And how can I be sure you are not a spy sent by the League itself."

"I'm not." She squeaked out, trying not to sound too defensive but failing.

His eyes felt as they they were piercing through her soul, tearing it apart bit by bit to expose her deepest secrets. It felt like a lifetime before he finally looked away to the other members of the travelling party, "And what of the others, have they nothing to say?"

The three boys who had not yet made a sound glanced between each other wearily.

Midoriya swallowed nervously, before stepping forward, "Your-your highness," he stuttered out, holding his head high, "I am Izuku Midoriya. I am here to represent the people of Eragon."

"You bought a spy into my court." Enji's eyes flicked angrily towards the blue haired guard boy who stood beside the group nervously.

"S-sir, I can assure you I am not a spy. I have been travelling with your son for some time now. As an adventurer, I have explored many places within Eragon and I'm afraid to say the the attacks caused by the League have been far worse than I have ever seen in all my years of living." Midoriya lowered his head sorrowfully, "Countless lives have been lost from both the League and the war. A village, within neutral territory, was burnt down to the ground as of recent while we were all present. We saved as many as we could, but-"

He swallowed, unable to continue as the jitter in his voice worsened and he almost began to tear up at the memory.

(Y/n) took a deep breath, "What we are trying to say is, we have a common enemy. With the increase of attacks, we need to stop this war between our countries and create an alliance before we run out of time and the League become too powerful for us to stop."