Chapter 19

The dew leftover from last nights storm covered the leaves and vines in shimmering droplets of water.

(Y/n) had been rudely awoken that morning by a loud rattle of knocks on the door to her hut. Groaning, she sleepily got up from the comfort of the bed and wandered over to the door. Her mind wandered to who it could be, had Bakugou come to wake her up?

Her thoughts were dropped when she opened the door to reveal two grinning pirates on the other side. Kaminari and Sero were both stood in front of her hut, hands behind their back and eagerly waiting for (Y/n) to come out. She squinted her eyes tiredly at them, surprised at how alive they looked, especially considering how early it seemed to be. Then again, she hadn't slept much last night; certain thoughts of a boy had pestered her for hours before she finally managed to doze off. She mentally slapped herself, ashamed at how infatuated she had become in such a little amount of time.

"What do you guys want?" She asked groggily, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up a bit more.

"Oh come on, (Y/n). Don't be so grumpy." Kaminari pouted, while Sero rolled on the balls of his feet.

"It's our last full day here before we set back off, so Denki and I thought it would be a fun idea to spend as much time with you as possible before we leave."

"With me-?"

"Yep!" Kaminari exclaimed, "We're gonna take you on a tour of the island, but first we're going fishing."

"Fishing-?"

"Yep," Sero interrupted this time, "So you might wanna get dressed."

In her tired state, (Y/n) had forgotten to realise that she had only slept in her dress shirt last night, and now it was barely covering the lower half of her body. She slammed the door shut quickly, her face growing red as she heard the two boys cackle outside.

"Get ready, we're having breakfast first, so you might wanna hurry before we eat it all!" Sero called out, though she didn't hear any footsteps. They must have been waiting for her outside.

(Y/n) quickly rushed over to her pile of clothes that lay discarded on the floor. She pulled them on, reminding herself that she had to wash them later. After pulling on her boots and giving up completely with her corset, she barreled out the door feeling a lot more awake than she had been a few minutes ago.

Kaminari and Sero were waiting for her like she had thought, both leaning on the poles that tied the bridge to the platform. They grinned toothily at her as she stumbled towards them.

"There she is!" Kaminari beamed, turning around and walking across the bridge with a slight skip in his step. Through the branches and vines, (Y/n) caught a glimpse of Bakugou's hut and wondered if he was still asleep. Her thoughts were jolted when Sero's arm wrapped around her shoulder loosely and he began to lead her across the bridge as well. She rolled her eyes and grinned up at him,

"Did you seriously have to get me up so early?" Sero chuckled and stretched his other arm.

"No." He replied smugly as they reached another platform, "But we figured it'd give us more time to chill with you until we have to start getting ready to set sail this evening."

"I'm gonna miss sailing with you guys. It's going to be weird with just Kirishima and Bakugou here and not you three."

Kaminari slowed down a little to come into step with them, "I know, we're just way too hard to live without. Hey, maybe we could convince Mina to let us stay another day?" He looked at Sero excitedly.

Sero sighed, running a hand through his black hair, "You know she'd love to, but the rest of the crew want to get back to the mainland. And you know how anxious the people have been with the most recent sightings of the league. Bringing back supplies is going to be the first thing on her mind."