Chapter 20

The silence of her hut was driving (Y/n) insane as she sat at the end of the bed fiddling with the pin between her fingers. Her satchel sat next to her, leaning against her hip as she tapped her foot on the ground nervously.

(Y/n)'s cheeks were stained with dried tears and now she looked like an empty shell as the rays of sunlight shone through her window and onto her face. Her throat was dry and her stomach felt like it was twisting in multiple directions, making her feel nauseous and hungry, but the food from last night still sat on the bedside table where she had left it.

The crystal eye glinted as the light hit the dragon pin, almost like it was watching her. It felt like it was watching her, but (Y/n) couldn't find the strength to throw it away or toss it where she couldn't see it anymore.

A knock at the door startled (Y/n). She quickly grabbed her satchel, stuffed the pin inside and haphazardly tossed it under the bed. Brushing back her hair and wiping the tears off her cheeks to make herself more presentable, she opened the door. Kirishima stood there waiting for her with a wide beaming smile on his face,

"Hey, we're going down for breakfast in a bit, care to join?" He asked. Her stomach growled in response and although she didn't feel like eating, she couldn't deny that she needed to eat. (Y/n) nodded forcefully,

"Yeah- uh- just let me get my boots on." She said hoarsely, though luckily it made it look as though she had just woken up so Kirishima didn't question it.

"Bakugou looks like he's in a better mood this morning." Kirishima chuckled, standing in the doorway as (Y/n) put her shoes on silently. She nodded, clearing her throat as she stood up.

Forcing a smile on her face she stood beside Kirishima and waited for him to start walking. They both strolled down the network of bridges in silence as they made their way to the hollow tree. Most of the crew was in there, but instead of eating, they were carrying kegs and barrels full of fruit and various other vegetables. Ashido and Sero were inside the hollow too, talking to Mitsuki off to the side.

They waved at (Y/n) and Kirishima as they made their presence known, well at least Kirishima did. (Y/n) stayed behind him, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Hey!" Ashido excused herself from Mitsuki and skipped over to two of them, "Mornin' (Y/n)!" She grinned widely, propping a hand on her hip, "Gosh, I still can't believe we're leaving!"

(Y/n) gave her a weak smile back, "Yeah. Weird..." She managed to croak out uncomfortably.

Ashido frowned, placing her hand on (Y/n)'s forehead, "Are you okay? You look sick." She asked in a motherly tone.

(Y/n) shook her head, finally giving a real smile at her friend's concern, "I'm okay. Just didn't sleep well."

"Bakugou said were sleeping like a newborn when he came to take the clothes to you last night," Ashido said with furrowed brows.

"Bakugou?" (Y/n) looked up in momentary surprise.

"Yeah, he went to wake you up and take you the clothes I gave him." She explained, stretching her arms over her head, "When he came back without you I assumed he'd let you sleep in."

(Y/n) swallowed, he'd come to see her. Her stomach fluttered when she saw Bakugou walk in the room, his presence changing the mood entirely. He caught her eyes and immediately came over to her, his head tilted to the side bashfully.

"About yesterday..." He paused when he looked closer at her face, "What's wrong, why do you look so tired?"

"I'm fine." She brushed off, "You don't have to say anything. I'm the one who should be sorry for not telling you."