Chapter 31

"I must say, when your friends came to me yesterday, I certainly didn't expect the prince himself to show up in my throne room."

Enji tapped his finger against the arm rest of his magnificent chair.

Bakugou flared his nostrils trying not to show the sneer that was creeping onto his face, "I've come by my own order to negotiate terms of the war."

"Of course." Enji jeered cynically. "Well, go on then. Proceed with these 'negotiations'."

He was really pressing Bakugou the wrong way, if the blonde prince were any sort of feral animal (Y/n) knew that he would be raising his hackles up at the sight of the king before him.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't speak to my master in that tone," Kirishima grunted as he shifted back into his human form, no horns or wings to be seen. It felt wrong. "He may not be royalty here, but he is still a prince and future king."

Enji leaned forward, "You can change your form. How interesting." The tall man turned back to glare over the group of saved prisoners, eyes landing on (Y/n)'s. A chill shot down her spine, his blue eyes looking eerily familiar. "I'd love to adhere to your request, however my enemies are currently in my court so forgive me if I am at unease."

Kirishima narrowed his red eyes at the King.

"Let's just get down to business, shall we?" Bakugou interrupted, "It has come to my attention that the League is getting stronger, and the attacks on both our countries are getting more frequent."

"The League? And what is there to say that, once again, the League is not under your control?" Enji asked.

Bakugou grit his teeth, "They never were, in fact, it has been rumoured that a large percentage now consist of folks from Elmont." He bit out.

"What are you suggesting?"

(Y/n) cringed at the intense aura that was floating around the room.

"For the sake of everyone here, I'm not going to answer that." The blonde sneered crudely, "I'm simply stating facts that prove that the League is not an attack orchestrated by Eragon. We are suffering just as much as you."

"So what do you propose, boy?"

"An alliance between our countries."

The group couldn't help the smiles that came to their faces as Bakugou stated those words. They hadn't expected him to take the first step, but here he was.

"And you expect all the fighting to end just like that?" Enji snapped his fingers.

"Of course not." Bakugou grunted, "But it's a start, isn't it?"

The room was silent as they waited for Enji's response. He was calculated and careful, eyeing each one of the strangers in his throne room individually.

"How can I be sure this isn't some ploy to bring down my country? What offer have you given me aside from your word?" The red-head slouched in his throne, "Your little friends attacked me yesterday, and yet here they are still, they should have been punished for treason against the crown."

"It was self-defence." Shinsou snapped at him, wrapping an arm in front of (Y/n) possessively.

Enji jumped out of his seat angrily but Hawks, held his hand on his shoulder lowering him back down, "Apologies for the abruptness but I would advise you to remain quiet while the terms are exchanged." He then nodded to Bakugou to proceed.

The boy tore his eyes away from Shinsou's arm, "You ask for my offer, I'll offer you my men and troops. If we work together we can defeat the League once and for all."