Chapter 41

At the sound of his alarm, Ricky woke up hugging his pillow and groaned with frustration. He'd been having a wonderfully inappropriate dream about Amy and he wasn't ready to wake up yet, not that his alarm would care. He dragged himself out of bed and headed towards the shower, wondering if he was losing it. This wasn't the first less than innocent dream he'd had about Amy but they seemed to be happening more frequently and he couldn't figure out how to stop them. As he rinsed off his body wash it suddenly hit him: he hadn't had sex since Amy got back from New York. While that realization surprised him, he quickly did some calculating as he dried off and got dressed and realized that meant he'd been celibate for two months and he couldn't remember ever having done so for that long. He finished getting ready for the school day with Amy on the brain. It didn't help that as he ate his French toast and scrambled eggs he sat facing the refrigerator, which was cluttered with magnets holding up pictures of the woman he loved and the child they'd created. He suddenly found himself missing Amy more than he ever had before and he couldn't understand why. Underwood you are so gone over that woman you could be committed he thought to himself with a smile as he got up to carry his dishes to the sink and wash them.

Across town at the Enriquez household Adrian was taking a cold shower. She'd woken up from a rather steamy dream that had featured Ben, much to her own surprise. She had still felt flushed and aroused when she'd woken up and hoped the cold shower would calm her down. She felt much calmer when she stepped out of the shower and dried herself off. She looked at her belly with a soft smile and rubbed it a little, smiling even wider when her daughter gave a small kick beneath her hand. All on its own Adrian's mind drifted back to the night her daughter had been conceived and then flashes of her steamy dream the night before came back to her. Adrian actually blushed when she realized she felt aroused again but knew she didn't have time for another shower. She quickly got dressed and gathered her school things so she could head downstairs. She managed to make small talk with her parents before she headed off to school. As she drove closer and closer to school, her mind kept thinking about Ben and that thought kept bringing flashes of her dream to mind. Adrian was at a loss. She had prided herself on having control of her libido but for some reason today it had a mind of its own. I wonder if these pregnancy hormones are throwing everything outta whack she wondered as she pulled into the school parking lot. Maybe I need to avoid Ben today until I can get a handle on them. As Adrian set her car's alarm, Ricky was making a beeline for Amy's locker. She felt his stare and looked up in his direction, giving him a small smile as she placed her jacket in her locker. When Ricky reached her he pulled her close and gave her a kiss, not caring who saw them. Amy could tell from the way he kissed her that he was particularly happy to see her.

"Someone's in a good mood this morning," she told him with amusement.

"I missed you." Amy just smiled.

"You saw me last night," she reminded him with a chuckle as she grabbed out her morning textbooks and notebooks. Ricky nodded in agreement.

"Yeah." He got closer to her so he could whisper in her ear. "But I woke up alone this morning and I didn't like it." Amy remembered waking up next to him the previous day and the memory made her shiver and blush, which caused Ricky to smile as he was too close to her not to notice her reaction. Ricky took a step back and Amy released the breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "Yesterday was nice," he said quietly, so only she could hear. Amy shut her locker and Ricky put his arm around her waist as they began heading down the hall towards their first class.

"Yeah, it was," she agreed, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"So what do you want for dinner?" Amy shrugged, her head still on his shoulder.

"Surprise me." Ricky smiled and kissed her temple as they continued walking. They were oblivious to the angry stares several females were shooting Amy's way and the looks of disbelief they were giving Ricky. Some felt angry at Ricky for being so affectionate with Amy but only wanting to hook up with them. Others felt angry at Amy for possessing something they didn't, something that made Ricky Underwood want to date her but not them. Some simply couldn't believe what their eyes were seeing: Ricky Underwood being a perfect affectionate gentleman to the girl he wanted nothing to do with when he first found out he'd gotten her pregnant. As Amy and Ricky turned a corner, Jack walked past them, glancing at them briefly and sighing inwardly.