Chapter 8: Chamber of Secrets

So here is the longer Chapter and everyone probably is just like why is Amy wanting to do all of this well she just wants to and I doing a lot of updates because I have school starting soon and I won't have time to do updates when school starts!! So yea here is chapter 8!!

With her short interviews now out of the way, Amy had plans to spend the rest of the day cleaning out her room. After leaving Ruben's office, she had made pit stops at a few of the local big box stores and asked if they had any cardboard boxes they were going to recycle that she could have or buy from them. She managed to get quite a haul of flattened boxes, all for free, and lugged them up to her bedroom as soon as she got home. Amy made herself some lunch and sat down to think about what she had uncovered so far while she ate. She had learned that Lauren's mom had simply over reacted and was in fact an ally, not an enemy. Jason, on the other hand was definitely an enemy. Not simply because he had played a major role in news of her pregnancy getting around school but because Amy knew Lauren well enough to know she had only confided in her older brother in order to try and find a way to help her best friend; she didn't expect her brother would betray her trust and spill the beans. She learned that Mr. Boykewich, like Dr. Treacy, had simply been trying to help his child. He believed he was helping Ben deal with the reality of teen parenthood and his own jealousy. He didn't know Ben would make the decision to cheat on her and he hadn't anticipated it. Mr. Boykewich was definitely an ally as well. As for Ruben, he was so focused on being the father he should've been all of Adrian's life that he forgot to consider the feelings of those connected to or entangled with his family in any way so he was best fit into the enemy group. It wasn't that he had set out specifically to hurt her in any way but by being so narrow-mindedly focused on an issue at hand without considering the big picture, Amy couldn't be sure that her life wouldn't or couldn't be disrupted by any more of his 'helpful assistance'. After finishing her lunch Amy decided to turn on her phone, since she had no more interviews scheduled for the day. She noticed four new voicemails. The first was from Ben.

"Hi, Amy. I just heard you were home and just wanted to see if you were okay and wanted to meet up today and talk. Talk to you later. I love you, bye." She rolled her eyes and deleted the message. She had a ways to go before she got around to talking to Ben. He would just have to wait. The second was from Ricky.

"Hey, Amy. Look I know you'll tell me what's going on when you're ready but I heard you make that doctor's appointment this morning and I just need to know. Whatever's going on isn't life threatening is it? Call me back. Please." That took her by surprise. Why would he think I was having some kind of medical emergency? She thought back to this morning. That's right! Ricky doesn't know Lauren's mom, Dr. Treacy, is a psychologist too. She looked at her watch and saw that Ricky should be on his lunch break about now so she decided to call him before listening to the other two messages. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hi Amy," he said a little too quickly. He didn't want her to know that he'd been starring at his phone ever since he'd gone on his lunch break and that the sight of her name on his caller ID had made his heart race.

"I just turned on my phone and listened to your message. I'm not having any kind of medical emergency." She couldn't see the relief on his face or the way his entire body had magically relaxed at those words.