Chapter 1: Enough

"I didn't say I wasn't gonna have sex with other girls. You said I'd have to quit having sex with other girls if I wanna have sex with you. Maybe I don't wanna have sex with you, no offense. You know maybe I'm just not…ready to be in an…exclusive relationship with you. I-I didn't say I was ready to do that, just be with you." *sighs* Amy sighed as well and looked away for a moment to try and hide the hurt and disappointment in her eyes, but she wasn't quick enough. Suddenly an expression came to mind: hope for the best, plan for the worst.

"Screw that. I'm tired of always feeling like an idiot when the other shoe drops," she thought to herself as irritation flashed across her face. "I'm done putting myself in these situations and feeling like this. It always seems to be because I forgave and then continued trusting someone close to me. Maybe it's time to really think about who my friends and enemies are and get rid of the drama in my life," she thought, as a contemplative look came over her face.

"What"

"What?"

"What?" Ricky said again, with more irritation this time. Amy just looked at him confused. Even though she knew she was emotional, cried easily and couldn't lie to save her life, Ricky was grateful that Amy's face was an open book, not that he had any plans to tell her that. He watched as hurt and disappointment appeared in her eyes before she turned away and then saw a mixture of anger and irritation in her facial profile before she got lost in thought. He didn't know what had gone through her mind to cause this rapid succession of emotions but they needed to finish this conversation so he could go home and get some sleep.

"It was all over your face, Amy. You're mad at me and now something else is on your mind. Could you just tell me what it is so I can go? It's late and I have work in the morning."

"It's nothing that's gonna be resolved tonight." She turned towards the counter and began putting the sandwich fixings away before looking back over her shoulder at him and adding "and I'm not mad at you." Ricky raised his eyebrow at her letting her know he wasn't buying it but he just wasn't in the mood for this tonight.

He decided to help her finish cleaning up. After working together silently for a few minutes Amy headed towards the living room and got comfortable on the couch. Ricky was at the sink and turned to tell her goodnight and saw she wasn't in the kitchen anymore. He found her sitting on the couch, arms crossed, lost in thought, again. He stood there a good two minutes just looking at her, trying to figure out what she thinking but he couldn't read her expression. Suddenly feeling a little like a creeper he spoke up.

"I'm gonna go. See you tomorrow, Amy."

"There's no need. I came home early. I'll be fine on the couch. Good night." Ricky knew something was seriously off because her voice was monotone, her expression never changed, and she didn't even bother to look at him.

Ricky had a sick feeling in his gut that all hell was gonna break lose in the morning so he decided to stay, knowing he'd feel better being here in the morning to deal with it right away instead of putting it off. As he climbed into Amy's bed he drifted off to sleep with disturbing thoughts. Amy had something on her mind and for once wasn't giving him any clues as to what was going on. He didn't know if it was because of the conversation they had started in the kitchen and honestly who were they kidding, there was no way that conversation was over, but Ricky knew drama was headed his way because he got the distinct impression that Amy had had enough. Of what he wasn't sure but when she finally came out with it, the fallout wasn't going to be pretty.

So I decided on writing this story my friend wrote on Fanfiction and asked if I could put it one here and she only wants this one and her second book to this and I will be updating Falling In Love once a week on Tuesday and I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 from the story Loose Ends!!