Part 21 : Reconcile

𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 (𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫):-

The sound of your heels clicking on the marble floor was echoing around the corridor as you were walking towards Mr. Kim's cabin. You stood in front of his translucent glass door before knocking. After hearing 'come in' from him, you entered inside the cabin.

"𝗠𝗿. 𝗞𝗶𝗺", hearing your voice, he put down his file before averting all his attention towards you. He smiled. "𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗬/𝗻, 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘁", he signalled you to sit. You returned his smile and sat opposite to him. "𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁, 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁?" He asked and your face immediately brightened up. "𝗬𝗲𝘀 𝗠𝗿. 𝗞𝗶𝗺. 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼?" You asked excited. "𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁. 𝗧𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄, 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺." The old man said and handed you a file. "𝗜 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗠𝗿. 𝗞𝗶𝗺. 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴", you responded confidently and he chuckled, as it was something expected from you. Always excited and passionate for your work.

You slightly opened the file just to have a look. "𝗠𝗿. 𝗝𝗲𝗼𝗻 𝗛𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗷𝗶𝗻? 𝗔 𝗞𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗻?" You asked. "𝗬𝗲𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝗝𝗲𝗼𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲." Mr. Kim explained. "𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁", you said. "𝗜'𝗺 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲. 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗲𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵", he said, making you grin widely.
"𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆? 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗠𝗿. 𝗞𝗶𝗺." You replied. After working here for 3 years, you could finally go back to your own country. Mr. Kim or you can say, Taehyung's dad promised you to transfer to Seoul Branch when the right time comes. And here comes the right time.

𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮:-

You were sitting in the meeting room with Mr. Kim and other colleagues who were in charge of this project, waiting for Mr. Jeon and his team. In few minutes, Mr. Kim's assistant came to the meeting room, followed by an old man in his 60s which you assume to be Jeon Hwangjin, and his team. Y'all stood up and greeted each other. After taking your respective seats, Mr. Kim signalled you to start the presentation.

"𝗜'𝗺 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘂𝗽𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀. 𝗠𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗛𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱. 𝗛𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲. 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁", Mr. Jeon explained with an apologetic look.