They Asked Why I Wasn't Happy

_________________________

Walking into my gym class, I headed straight to the locker room. I changed, shoving on some knee-length shorts and a random gym shirt. Looking around, I guess girls didn't care about being modest. Majority of them were putting on short short and crop tops. Sighing, I walked out and nodded at the coach. She nodded back and checked me off, conforming that I have changed.

These couple of days have been crazy, insane. So having gym made me feel pretty positive because at least I was going to have something to occupy my mind. It was becoming harder keeping Chase out of my mind when he was probably kissing Tasha. At this point, I wished I could just push him to the back of my mind.

"Today is indoor soccer. Get out a ball and practice." The coach instructed as I mentally cheered. Soccer was a hobby of mine and it was nice that we were getting to play inside this large gym. So I got out a ball and dribbled, ignoring everything as I run along the ball. My worries were slipping as I became so into it that when I kicked my ball, the loud bang was enough for the coach to look at me.

However, I ignored everyone, everything. I wasn't going to look at Chase's best friend's face or Tasha's face. I was just going to play safe and be alone. After all, the only person you can trust is yourself.

I haven't noticed that the coach was calling me, telling me to stop as I kicked the ball into the net repeatedly, angry at everything. Goal after goal, I kicked, letting myself just let go.

"Chanel!" The coach screamed from behind me as I froze, my muscles tensed. My heavy breathing was all I could hear as everyone was silent, not a word to be uttered.

"Sit out." She ordered as I picked up my ball and walked to the bench, my jaw clenched. Fists tightened into balls by my sides. I was radiating anger and defeat. I was simply done.

These were the moments where I was emotionless. I never had to hide any emotion at these time. How I wished it always like because that was all that it did, wreck everything. Emotions got in the way.

As I breathed in and out, angrily, a pair of feet came up to me. I looked up as a smirk raised onto my face.

"Tasha," I said, my smirk growing wider by second.

"Chanel." She said, clearing her throat.

"Can I help you?" I snapped, my anger for her burning strong. I don't get how she has the nerve to come here and talk to me after she and Chase fucked my life over.

"Listen. Stay. Away. From. Sebastian." She deadpanned as I laughed bitterly.

"Why? I am not going to fuck your ex-boyfriend like you did to mine," I sneered as she smirked at me.

"He was a good fuck, just saying. So was Sebastian," she said, smiling bitterly at me.

My blood was boiling as I lunged her, tackling her to the ground. My fists was flying into her make-up face as she screamed, trying to flip us around so I can be under. But I was too furious and I was thirsty for revenge. I guess I was letting out my anger after all, I bottled everything when I found that they have been fucking.

People all had their phones out, filming everything like that was all they could do. She was thrashing around like a stray cat as I pinned her hands over her head, looking at her straight in the eyes. I wasn't aware that my body was trembling until I saw my shaking hands.

I leaned down, close to her ear as I smirked.

"Mess with me one more time," I whisper so only me and her can hear, "one more fucking time, Tasha. And I promise you'll die."

I got off, fixing my clothes and ignored the pain in my knuckles. A whistle pierced through the gym, everyone's ear drums shattering.

"Chanel! Go to the office right now! Get the hell out!" My coach yelled as I obeyed.

I walked out with my shoulder squared, my fists tightened by my side. I ignored the pain from my knuckles as I marched straight to the office, having enough bullshit from hiding it all these years.

"Miss Lincoln, I've been expecting you."

"We're gone for a business trip and we get a phone call saying that you punched a girl two days later?!" My dad yelled through the phone and I sighed, running a hand through my messed-up hair.

"Dad, she provoked me," I tried to reason but he wasn't buying it and neither was my mom.

"Violence isn't the answer, Chanel." My mom's voice called thorough the phone.

"Look mom, dad, I'm sorry and it won't happen again. Now go, I think you have another meeting soon." I said as they sighed.

"Okay. It better not happen again but we're coming back in two days. Can you be good for another two days?" Mom asked as I inwardly groaned.

"Yes mom," I said tiredly.

"Bye sweetie," she said.

"Bye mom."

We hung up as I walked with the chilly air. It was getting colder and colder by day but I think I enjoyed it more than the blazing days where I would be so sweaty. The months were flying by and I couldn't help but think that soon enough, I would escape this hell hole.

I would be free from everyone, every one of them.

The door chimed as I stepped into the café. The sweet homely feeling made my heart yearn for my parents. I missed them so much.

"H-hello, how can I serve you?" He stuttered, making me look up. The cute glasses he was wearing made him look adorable. But he seemed shy.

"Hello," I said, pausing to peer at his name tag, "Nathan. How are you?"

He smiled nervously, almost taken back by my question. It seemed like he haven't been asked this question too many time.

"F-fine," he mumbled and I nodded, ordering a coffee. He nodded and disappeared to fetch my coffee. From the corner of my eyes, I see Sebastian sitting alone at a table, sipping his own coffee. He looked good even when he isn't trying. Messy hair, tired eyes, the pale face but he looked like a beautiful piece of an abstract painting. Perfection from imperfection.

Suddenly, I find myself getting up and walking over to his table. He looked up, eyebrow raised as I took a seat. He groaned as I got comfortable in my seat while I stared him down with a blank stare.

"Why are you always around me? Are you another obsessive girl that is preying on me?" He snapped as I smirked at him.

"I'm not over my ex." I said as he chuckled bitterly.

"Let me guess, it is Chase." He spat as I nodded, my eyebrows raised.

"Somethin' going on between you two? Seems like you got a history." I said as he grimaced.

"I'm not exactly proud of our "history." He muttered, making quotation marks around history.

"Do tell," I said in mock interest even though I really was interested.

"It is too personal," he said and I don't push Sebastian, I mean, I wouldn't like if someone did that to me.

He suddenly pulled up his ear-buds and cranked up his volume, tuning me out. And I just sat here, wishing I had something to keep me occupied.

The shy waiter comes back with my coffee in his hand as I flash him a smile, giving him a ten dollar tip. He refused to accept it but I insisted as I watched him smile gratefully at me. He said that he'll never forgot my act of kindness.

And I smiled at him, watching him run from table to table, getting orders.

I sipped my coffee as I closed my eyes in appreciation for moments like these, where I could be somewhat happy.

"Stop smiling off to space. It is creepy." Sebastian grumbled as I chuckled.