They Said To Seek Help

Vote right now you lovely readers bc you're acc gonna throw a grenade at me when you're done reading.

RECAP:

The waitress came just in time as he was going to say something. He looked up and nodded curtly at her, watching her put the plates on the tables. Her eyes, they're what haunted me most. They're what made me want to just hug her, let her spill everything out to me. She left and I watched her walk away. There was a gut feeling inside of me that made me want to get up and take her aside for a few moment. And so that's what I did. I got up, looking at Sebastian for a minute.

"I'll be back," I said and he nodded, beginning to eat.

I walked towards her. She was cleaning a booth as I tapped on her shoulder.

"Got a minute?" I asked with a hesitant and nervous smile.

They Said To Seek Help
_________________

She turned around, stopping her cleaning. She looked tired, lifeless almost.

"Yes?" She whispered. I wouldn't have heard her if I wasn't so close.

"What's your name?" I said gently, trying to know the girl a bit more.

She looked at me, reading my eyes, looking for clues. Well, she wasn't going to find any. It made me feel a little bit sad, it was like she wanted to make sure whatever I was doing was genuine and not going to harm her. It reminded me of myself. Of how I'm always so nervous and cautious around people.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

"I want us to be friends," I said smoothly, trying to not make her turn around and never talk to me again.

She searched my eyes once more before sighing.

"Well I don't—" she started before I cut her off.

"My name is Chanel." I said quickly and ended my sentence with a smile. She looked down and sighed, rubbing her face.

"My name is Chloe." She finally let out and ran a hand through her hair.

"Well Chloe, I just wanted to say that you have very pretty hair. I love it." I sweetly said, easing her up.

Slowly, a happy feeling crept into her eyes.

"Real—" she started before restarting, "I mean, thank you very much Chanel."

I beamed. This is progress. She's slowly opening up.

"Chloe, we should go shopping together tomorrow." I suggested kindly as she stared at me with wide eyes.

"You mean you actually want to hang out with me?" She asked softly and I felt really really bad. She isn't used to kindness and it's so obvious. I felt pity. I felt terrible. I remember feeling alone with no one around me. It would a hypocritical move if I made her feel the same when I could've prevented it.

"Of course silly. I don't do this everyday." I teased and she let a small giggle escape.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at noon." I smiled as she nodded and honestly I think we are going to be good friends. Poor girl probably never experienced kindness before.