His Part

CHANEL'S POV

"Chanel... Chanel was my partner for this project."

The faint memory of his words gently tug a smile at my lips as I bit down on my cheeks to prevent myself from weirdly smiling in the middle of class.

My professor was teaching about the bonding lengths of various compounds, including how to calculate it. I took dedicated notes as I attentively followed closely along to what he's saying, mimicking his diagrams on my paper. The class went on for another twenty minutes before he noticed the clock, which was reading a time two minutes before the actual dismissal time. 

He smiled briefly. "It's Friday night. We'll pick up on Monday. Have a good weekend everybody!" The class erupted in cheers for the salvation of two minutes as we start packing up. I am just about to close my backpack when I feel a tap on my shoulder. The familiar waft of his twilight wood engulfs me gently as I felt his light stubble graze the back of my neck. A small but noticeable shiver made it way across my spine as a smile broke across my face.

"Hey you," He whispered into my ear as I giggled, turning around to hug him. Sebastian, who was majoring in English often enjoyed a less hectic, rewarding schedule compared to mine, which was constantly packed with hours long experimental labs and lecture. His manageable schedule often allowed us to eat lunch together and even spend several hours working together on our assignments. Tonight was date night and a flutter of butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"I missed you," I sweetly mused, resuming to diligently pack my laptop and belongings into my backpack. "How was your writer's class?"

A small grimace came from him. "Yet another essay due this weekend but can't complain because at least I won't be as stressed out during reading week." 

I playfully pouted. "You poor thing. What will you ever do besides read your book and write about it?"

Sebastian feigned annoyance and narrowed his eyes before glaring at me. "You act like it's so easy to write twenty pages about A  Perfect Day for Bananafish."

I winked. "Hush Seb, for you, it is baby."

Hand in hand, we walked out of the lecture room, the chilly wind greeting us as the we exited the building. It was a late October evening and as the days progressed, the lovely state of California only got more chilly. Nevertheless, the beautiful art on the horizon washed over Sebastian's face, basking his features in hues of pink, orange, and yellow. His normally steely blue eyes appeared soft and angelic under this point of view and I couldn't help but lean over and swiftly peck his cheek, earning a cheesy smile from him and a look nothing short of love. In everything that happened the previous year, our love has only grown and flourished beyond anything I have ever imagined. What started on revenge and means of destroying the one who hurt us has blossomed into the greatest thing I've ever experienced and for that, I'm ironically grateful for all that life has thrown at me because without it all, I wouldn't have ever gotten with Sebastian. 

"Stop looking at me, weirdo," He muttered before poking my side. I giggled as a memory came to mind.

"You said that the day we saw each other at the diner," I mused and his lips quirked up. 

"I'm almost positive you were following me," he retorted. 

A shock escaped from my lips. "I was not! If memory serves right, you were the one following me!"

He shook his head, his long overgrown hair gently moving with him. "You got it all wrong, love."

I stopped walking, crossing my arms over my chest and biting down on my lip. "Oh yeah, what you going to do about that?"