They Asked Why I Was Quiet All The Time

______________________________

The events have been over and over again in my head like a broken record. Torturing me for hours and hours. Keeping me awake at two in the mornings.

I tried to find reasons, explanations to tell me what made Tasha take the extra mile. What pushed her so hard to tell the whole school? But what perplexed me is why she would do that to him. Have they disagreed or something before she showed the whole school or something? What made her do it?

Besides trying to understand why she would go that far, I haven't go to school for about two days. Today, my parents were supposed to come back today and that was the best news I've heard in two days.

They were supposed to come home yesterday but their flight got delayed so they had to wait another day and I couldn't wait for them to get home. I was way too lonely and I needed some comfort from my parents.

I have been told to stay home but I wanted to get out of the house and surprise them at the airport. I couldn't wait any longer.

Grabbing my jacket, I slipped on my shoes and walked out, locking the door behind me. I was beyond happy- after almost a week, I get to see my parents.

Driving to the local coffee store, I grab a coffee to start my one hour drive to the airport.

I'm so anxious.

I just want to see my parent's face, the joy that is etched onto their faces.

Each time a group of people got out, I desperately watched out for any signs of their unique luggages, the ones that were turquoise with their initials on it.

Finally, after a while, I saw them stroll in, hand in hand. A smile exploded on my face and I started running toward them. My mom saw me and ran towards me too. She engulfed me into a hug and soon, dad joined us. Relief flooded all over me. I missed them way too much and finally, I got to see them.

I hadn't realized that I crying until my mom gently wiped away my tears.

"What is wrong?" My dad asked as I smiled at him through tears.

"I just missed you guys so so much," I said honestly as my mom smiled at me.

"We missed you too, sweetheart but what did we say about you staying at home?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. I chuckled nervously as I opened my mouth to speak but my dad cut me off before I could speak.

"Oh come on honey, she missed us too much, leave the punishment for later." He said, amused before planting a kiss on the top of my head.

Peace.

I finally got the peace I wanted for five days.

"Are you alright?" Asked mom, concern on her face.

"Yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, faking a smile that didn't feel so genuine anymore.

But I shouldn't have tried to lie to my mom because she said nothing and pursed her lips, trying to figure out why I wasn't okay.

He cleared his throat, the tension so thick that it couldn't have been cut.

"Let's grab something to eat, what do you say?" He asked as we all nodded.

"So what was that fight about between you and that girl?" My mom asked at the table we were at. We decided on a famous pizzeria and we were waiting on the bill to arrive.

I sighed, playing around with the utensils. "She provoked me."

"What did she say?" Dad asked.

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

"Um, she said something about... Chase." I said, finding it difficult to say it out loud. I watch their expression which were blank.

"You should have never fought over a guy," dad said after a while and I sighed, realizing how stupid I have been. That just showed Tasha how much it really affected me. I let my guard slip so easily... I have never wanted anything more than for the ground to swallow me up.

"I agree," my mom said, finality in her voice. "Anger can be solved with words not fists."

Mom had always said that me ever since I was a little kid. Both of my parents hand taught me that anger can solved with words, however not fists as it will only cause more afflictions.

She was right. Look how that ended.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my head down in shame. My mom nodded and the bill came.

After a nice sleep, I woke up, not feeling empty like usual. Maybe it was the fact that my parents were home or the fact that I was excited to go to school.

Coming back with a vengeance and you'll get revenge when you least expect it, Tasha.

I was pumped, ready to take revenge on Tasha and Chase, because Chase started everything. Nothing would have happened between me and Tasha if it wasn't for Chase.

He fucked it all up. Everything.

My life used to full of colour before and now, it is shades of black. Not white, not grey but black.

I have already formulated everything in my mind, every single detail was written down on napkins.

But then the good side of me wants to say that revenge isn't good, forgiveness is.

However, I'm no longer the sweet and kind Chanel. Oh, that Chanel is gone but in her place is the new and dark Chanel.

She won't have any regrets, no emotions whatsoever.

After saying bye to mom and dad, I start driving to school, the anxiety weighing me down like a ton.

This is what they did to me.

This is what Tasha and Chase did to me.

They broke me while smirking at me.

But it's okay, all okay. I'll just do the same thing to them.

Ruin them in a way where they can't help themselves anymore.

Is this what I want?

Do I want to do what they did to me?

Truthfully, no. But I have to pretend. I have to get revenge somehow.

I parked the car and got out, watching how everyone was staring at me. I mentally scolded myself and held my head high because fuck it, I'm done with it all.

They're no better.

They'll never be as better as me.

They'll never be able to handle the pain I went through.

Fuck them all.

"Wasn't it a nice video?" She said, her voice holding proudness. I turned around, smirking at her.

"It was. Chase sure fondled me nicely." I said sweetly, my voice vicious as honey.

I walked away, my heart feeling like stone within my bones.

But you have to do it, Chanel.

I saw Sebastian, how his eyes follow mine and I looked away. He knows and probably thinks I'm a slut.

If he does, fuck him then.

Fuck everyone.

They all fuck you over anyways.