Chapter 2: The arrival

Aaru was more than happy to remind me of the full details of this extravagant 3-day affair. Here it goes. It would kickstart today evening with a reunion party at The Highlands, Mumbai. Pretty upscale place, I know! But what else would you expect from a class of overachievers? And then tomorrow morning, we would head out for a 2-day retreat at The Woodlands Spa and Resort.

After chatting with Aaru a bit more, we decided that the girls would be getting ready at my place, and the guys would pick us up later. Knowing those two, I had to finish my work early or else I was in for it. The mere thought of it made me shudder.

When I reached home, I saw that the girls were already in and had started doing their hair and makeup since God knows when. After a quick hello to the two, I rushed into the washroom to have the fastest shower ever.

As I walked out, I saw that Zia and Aaru had laid down a few outfit options for the retreat.

"Oh, you guys are the best! Thanks yar! What I would do without you guys?!" Saying this, I gave them a big hug.

"Obviously nothing," replied Zia.

While Aaru and Zee chose to wear burgundy and black dresses for the party, I opted for a full-sleeved navy jumpsuit with a sheer lace bodice that hugged my body perfectly. I paired them with my diamond earrings, a pair of high heels and a clutch. As for our hairstyle and makeup, we decided to keep it minimal and subtle rather than going full glam.

As we were applying final touches to our looks, we heard the guys coming in.

"Are you girls ready?"

"Yes. Be there in a minute."

Aarushi being the drama queen she was, started announcing our arrival as if we were attending a ball.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Hold your breaths and get ready to be blinded by our magnificent beauties! Please put your hands together for Miss Aarushi, Miss Arya and Miss Zia!"

The guys knew her antics, so they religiously followed her instructions and began cheering for us. But when their eyes fell on the sight of us, they were awestruck.

"Wow, ladies! You all are looking amazing!" said Ved.

Priyank agreeing added, "Yes! Absolutely stunning!".

"Aww! thank you, guys! You both are looking very handsome too!"

We all knew what was coming next- Selfie time!!

Many photos, traffic jams and bursting into songs later, we finally reached our party venue. We were awestruck when we saw it.

_______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
I hope you liked it. Stay tuned to know what happens at the party.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali