Chapter 5: The fun begins

After everyone was settled, Bhavik made his way to the stage.

“I am back! What? Did u guys really think we are here just to chat with each other? Obviously not! We have a two days retreat for that. Don’t tell me you all have become so boring. We are here to relive our school days! Now, let's have some fun!”

After receiving a lot of cheering, he continued, “Let’s play a quick game of 'Guess who?' while we have our starters. First things first, the rules. Each table will be considered as one team. So, we have 10 teams here, the numbers of which are already assigned. You would find that on the top. Since we don’t have buzzers, you will have to shout out your team number before answering. The first team to shout will answer. Are you guys ready?”

“Yes,” murmured all.

“What? Can’t hear you. Louder!”         

“Yes!!!”

“Ok! This bowl has a chit for each one of us. I will be drawing around 20 chits. Don’t feel sad if it isn’t yours! We have other games too. So, here is the first one. ‘I was the tallest in class.’”

Shouts were heard from all the teams.

“Team 4 was the first.”

“Chandni Lodi”

“Correct! Next one, ‘The last page of my books were filled with doodles.’” 

Zia from our team numbered 6 replied, “Bhagu! I mean, apna Nilesh Bhagwat.”

“Yes, right! Next, ‘I was the most clumsy and accident-prone.’” 

Team 9 replied, “Riddhi Nag.”

“Haha. Absolutely correct. Are you still the same Riddhi?”

Everyone started laughing when she replied with a yes.

“Ok, next question. “I was the most talkative one.”

We just missed the chance to Team 3.

“Aarushi Kapoor!”

“Oh yes! I don’t need to ask if she’s the same because she is!”
We affirmed the fact while chuckling.

“Next. I was the most mischievous one.”

Team 1 yelled, “Rahul Bakshi.”

And the game went on for a while. After that, we randomly started sharing our high school memories. It ranged from sweet to hilarious.

“Gooooooooodd Moorrrninnnnnnnggggg Teeeaaaacchherrrrrrr”, everyone yelled.

“One tiffin box, many hands. I remember how the tiffin box would get empty as soon as it opened.”

“Playing X & 0, name place animal thing, chor police, etc. when the teacher gave us free period.”

“Fighting with the class monitor for writing my name on the blackboard when I was caught talking.” 

“Playing Holi with ink pens and then getting scolded for ruining our school uniform.”

“Our history teacher hitting us with a chalk when we weren’t paying attention.”

“Passing notes when the teacher wasn’t paying attention.”

“The best thing was knowing that the teacher is absent.”

“Getting scolded by the teacher for something my best friend did.”

“I am yet to use a single maths formula we learnt in school.”

“Do you all remember the time our chemistry lab had caught fire?”

This continued for a while. By the end of it, everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves. It was really impressive to see how much everyone remembered from our school days.

_______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
I hope you liked it. Stay tuned for more fun at the party.
Also, what are your favourite school memories? Do let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali