Chapter 14: A glimpse in the past

Summer of 2014:

It was Saturday and the last paper of F.Y.Bcom. Usually, by the time the final one came, I was emotionally done. I did not feel like studying, too excited to plan my vacations. But this year, I had put my blood, sweat and tears into it.

The exam went well.

I was ecstatic that the first year was done and dusted.

It was now time for a vacation.

"Arya!" Exclaimed Ved.

As I turned around, he pulled me into a hug.

"Finally, the exams are over. Now it's time to party!!"

"Haha. Yes. I am so happy to be done with this. Now we can make plans with the others."

"Yes, finally! By the way, how was your paper?"

"It was good. We were lucky that the questions we studied came. How was yours?"

"Actually! I was so scared. But it went well."

"Who isn't scared of Economics?"

We kept chatting on our way home. Just as we started making plans, my phone rang. It was Dhruva.

"Hi, Arya. How was your last paper?"

"Hey. It was good."

"Nice. Finally, we all can meet. Is Ved with you?"

"Yes, he's here. You wanna talk to him?"

"No. It's ok. Listen. I wanted to talk to you about something. Can we meet in the evening at our spot? Just the two of us?"

"Yea. Sure. What time?"

"Five?"

"Yeah, cool. See you then."

"See you. Bye."

When I hung up, Ved started teasing me.

**********************************************

I arrived at our spot a few minutes early.

I could wait no more.

The excitement was killing me. I wondered what Dhruva wanted to talk about. The way others were teasing me when they found out, I guessed he had planned something special.

Was he going to ask me to be his girlfriend?

It was few minutes past 5, and he was yet to arrive. Minutes turned into an hour, but he was nowhere to be found. He didn't even reply to my texts or pick any of my calls. I was starting to get worried.

I decided to call my gang and ask them if they knew anything.

"Guys!"

"Ahem ahem. Finally, you got time to call us."

"How did everything go?"

They started bombarding me with questions. The questions of which I had no answer. I finally couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop! Stop it. Dhruva has still not arrived. I have been waiting at our spot for an hour. But he's still not here. Not only that, he isn't responding to my texts or calls."

"What!!" they exclaimed.

"Guys, I am really distressed. What if something has happened?"

Priyank replied, "don't worry. I'll try to call his landline and ask the status. We all will be there in a few. You stay put."

With that, they hung up. I kept trying Dhruva's cell, but still no response.

Soon, Aaru Ved and Zia arrived. Then, we split into teams to search for him. No one could reach him. All five of us decided to meet near his house. But when we made it there, no one answered the door. Priyank also informed us that his family members were not answering his calls either.

What was happening?

Where did he go?

____________________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
I hope you liked it.
I wonder where he is? 🤔
Stay tuned to find out.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali