Chapter 8: The Retreat- Day 1.2

After a quick nap, we decided to head to the recreational centre. When we reached the centre, there was a ground for various sports and a kids play area. Since we were instructed to meet inside the centre, we decided to check it out later.

After everyone arrived, our host Kevin, made his way to the centre for making an announcement.

"Hey, guys! Sab aa gaye na? Toh, let the games begin."

Everyone started cheering him. So he continued.

"Our first game for the day is a combo of capture the flag and laser tag. As you can see, there is an arena behind me that is well equipped for the game. We will split into five teams of ten each. Since there won't be fifty laser guns, only 3 members of each team will be getting those. Those 3 would be the ones attacking the other teams. The others will try to capture the flag and secure it at the top of 'the mountain'. If all the members of one team are tagged, the team is out, and others will continue. Whichever team secures the flag wins! We have 60 minutes. Has everyone understood the game?"

"Yes!!!!", yelled everybody.

"Now, let us split up in Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and White teams. This is a bonding game, so please don't stick to your group."

With that, all of us split into five teams. Ved and I were in team white.

"We will need to make a strategy before we start the game. Take ten minutes to plan, and then we shall start the game."

After a bit of strategizing, we were ready to win the game. Ved, Ramya and Kushal had the laser gun in our team. While the rest of us were given the responsibility to capture and secure the flag.

As the game progressed, we kept hearing shouts of the ones tagged, and soon the Green team was out. The rest had a few members still standing. Our team was short by 6 members now. Soon we heard that Team yellow was out as well.

With only 3 teams and 15 minutes to go, the pressure was on. Our team had captured the flag from team Red, which was with me. Suddenly, I felt someone creep up behind me. Dhruva had his laser gun aimed at me. I did not understand how he came this close to me with Ved covering for me. But, here he was! I kept backing up as he started to move towards me.

"Did you think you could avoid me forever? Did you think I would let you go easily, now that I have you here?", He asked.

When my back touched the wall, I knew I was trapped. There was no way I could turn the tables around by myself. Just when I felt he was going to tag me, I heard a taser sound. But I wasn't shot. Dhruva was. Ved had arrived at the end moment and saved me. We fled from there to secure the flag. But luck was not in our favour for long. Soon, the Blue team caught up to us and tagged both of us, capturing the flag. With only Ramya remaining from our team, it was going to be hard to win. And we were proven right. The blue team won.

After the intense game, we took a short break for tea and snacks. Then, we headed towards the sports ground, where we saw that few arrangements were made. Kevin then informed us that the next game was the hula hoop relay.

"Alright, you guys. You all will form a group of five. The concept is the same as a relay, just that there would be a hula hoop involved. One hoop per team would be provided to the person who Is at the starting line. He will have to skip with the hoop rather than with a skipping rope. Then pass the hoop to the next member when you reach them and so on. The last member of the team who reaches the finishing line first wins."

With that, we split into a team of five, and the game began. This game was super funny because many of us fell while trying to skip with a hoop. It was a cut-throat competition.

In the end, victory was ours!

__________________________________________
Author's Note:
Hello guys!
I hope you liked it. More fun coming up. Stay tuned.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali