Chapter 26: Wedding Bells- Part 1

Two years later:

I was standing in front of the mirror, looking at my reflection. I wondered if the woman in front of me was indeed me. The woman I saw looked beautiful.

I was dressed in a beautiful fuchsia coloured lehenga with intricate floral embroidery all over it. My hair was styled perfectly for the event. As for the makeup, the parlour ladies had done an extraordinary job. The makeup was subtle, but they made sure to add a bright lipstick and eyeshadow that made it pop.

Just as I was about to put on my jewellery, I heard Aaru come in. Dressed in a beautiful teal coloured lehenga, she looked absolutely stunning. I noticed that her hair and makeup was also done.

As she made her way towards me, I noticed her eyes were sparkling with tears. She hugged me tightly and said,

"Oh, Arya! You look beautiful."

I sniffed and replied, "Thank you! You look stunning."

"Fuchsia suits you. I cannot believe it. This was such an unusual pick. But it looks like it was made for you."

"Haha. I know, right. We were so sceptical at first. Yours too. It compliments you perfectly."

"Dhruva toh dekhte hi reh jayega."

"I would hope so," I replied while blushing.

"Zia?"

"Getting ready."

My mom came in dressed in a beautiful royal blue saree. As soon as she saw us, she rushed to give us a quick hug.

"You both look lovely. Absolutely beautiful. All eyes will be on you."

I thanked her with a hug. Aaru excused herself and decided to finish getting ready.

"Oh, darling." Mom dabbed her teary eyes and continued. "You look beautiful. Your Dad will start crying when he sees you."

"Aw, Mom!!" I hugged her tightly. "Don't cry. You are gonna make me cry."

She giggled. "But you look gorgeous, honey."

"So do you, mom! Beautiful!"

"Dhruva will not be able to keep his eyes off you."

"Mom! Stop it," I exclaimed while blushing.

"What? It's the truth. He is my future son in law after all."

"MOM!!!! He has....."

She hushed me.

"Sit down, darling. Let me help you get ready."

She sat me down and proceeded to help me wear my jewellery. After she was done, I heard her sniffles.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing. You look amazing. Have a look."

I turned around and faced the mirror. I gasped at the reflection. That was me?

"See, I was right. Dhruva will not be able to take his eyes off you. I will be right back."

She gave me a gentle squeeze and left the room to give me a moment to myself.

As I gazed in the mirror, I thought back to when he asked me out, and I finally said yes.

************************************

Flashback:

We were on a date. Dhruva had taken me out for a picnic. Currently, we were lying down on the picnic blanket stargazing. He suddenly grabbed my hands and made me sit up.

Holding my hands, he spoke.

"Yaya, before you get any second thoughts, let me tell you, THIS WAS A DATE."

I started laughing as I remembered how I had turned him down the first time. When he gave me a stern look, I sobered up. I knew what was coming. I started to feel giddy with excitement.

"You already know that you mean the world to me. I have told you a million times, but I will repeat once again. I like you.

I cannot imagine my life without you. You have turned me down once. You were right to do so. We both were not ready for that step then. But I believe, and I have written proof from you, that I have changed and you trust me more than ever. Please give us a chance now. The both of us have grown so much. I think we are ready for commitment. I promise that no matter what, I will never leave you. I will stay by your side, protect you, irritate you and care for you. Will you give us a chance? Will you be my girlfriend?"

With teary eyes, I replied, "YES!"

************************************

That memory brought a smile to my face. I was happy I took that leap and said yes. Dhruva had been the best partner I could ask for. My pillar. My strength. My anchor.

I came out of my reverie when I heard the door open again. My mom came back.

"Honey. The guests have started to arrive. Panditji is done with all the preparations. Everyone is asking if the bride is ready."

She paused for a second, then continued.

“Are you ready? It’s time!”

_______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
Arya said yes??
Also, weddings are always fun! What do you think? Do you like the wedding season? Let me know in the comments!
Stay tuned for more fun!
Vote. Share. Comment. Follow.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali