Chapter 3: He's here

The Highlands was known to be one of the best restaurants in the city. And if you were standing in my place, you would exactly know why! The design and architecture of the building were exquisite.

Once we made our way to the front, the valet took our car keys, and the concierge assisted us to the reserved party area. Let me tell you if you thought that the outdoors were so amazing, the indoors were phenomenal. Totally out of this world! Again exquisite!

As we walked through the doors, we saw our few classmates mingling. The hall had intricately carved interiors with massive modern chandeliers and several round tables assigned for dining. Let’s not forget a bar counter at the back.

At the front, there was a huge stage, which looked fully equipped for a performan……. Wait for a second!

“Guys! Is anyone performing here tonight?”

“Sure looks like it! Right?” replied Zia.

“I haven’t heard anything about this,” added Ved.

“Me either,” said Aaru.

“Priyank, what do you think?”

“Maybe it’s a surprise? Let’s wait for some time. We will find out soon.”

“Ya, I agree. For now, let’s greet others.”

With that, we separated to catch up with our batchmates. More people started to arrive, and soon we saw Ramya and Bhavik make their way towards the podium.

“Hello everyone! It’s so good to see you all after such a long time! I cannot believe it has been ten years since we’ve finished high school. I know our careers and choices have led us through different paths, maybe even lost touch with some. This is why I am happy that everyone is here today. Let us take this reunion party to reconnect with each other and celebrate our school days. Enjoy!”

“I would also like to thank everyone who helped us to make this reunion possible. This wouldn’t have been possible without each one of you. So thank you! But before we start, I just want to tell you all that we have tried to assign names to each table as per our groups in school. Refreshments would arrive in a few minutes. So let’s grab our seats and get this party going! Cheers!”

With that, everyone rushed to find their seats. I found my way to the table, and surprise, surprise! I found Aaru, Zia, Priyank and Ved already seated. But as I sat, I was confused to find one more chair on our table.

“Guys! Whom is this seat assigned to?”

But before anyone could reply, I suddenly felt a presence behind me and froze in place.

“He’s here,” whispered Zia.

______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
I hope you liked it.
Who could this mysterious HE be? Stay tuned to find out.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali