Chapter 23: Girls Day In

I was excited about this weekend. Aaru, Zia and I were meeting for brunch and then spending the rest of the day in. And when we usually did, it resulted in a sleepover. It had been a while since only the three of us spent time together. After Dhruva had made his reappearance in our lives, the whole group usually spent the time together, making up for the lost time. But I was craving our girls time lately.

I decided to get ready for the day. I wore a yellow sundress with a brown straw sling bag and brown sandals. I was good to go. Deciding to keep my accessories to the minimum, I paired it with a brown hat and a pair of shades. Gathering everything, I made my way to my car.

As I was about to start my car, I remembered that I had forgotten to take the list of ingredients needed for the day. Hence made my way inside to collect it. Aaru and Zia had already reached our brunch spot. Weekends were always busy, so they had already reserved a table. A lot of gossips and a delicious brunch later, we made our way to pick up groceries for the weekend.

After picking up everything that we needed, we made our way to my place. We settled in after putting away all the things we bought. We had decided to have a relaxing day. What could be better than pampering ourselves? There was everything that we needed in the pampering hamper. From candles, essential oils to facial toners, face masks, body lotions, we had everything. With that began our homemade pampering session.

We decided to watch our favourite chick-flicks while doing each other's mani-pedi. By the time The Notebook was over, we all were bawling our eyes out. That movie had the same effect even after we watched it a million times.

So to lighten up the mood, we decided to put on Pitch Perfect. The three of us pretended to be Becca, Chloe and Aubrey and started performing the songs. We recorded our performance. It was hilarious.

I was having so much fun.

This was just what I needed.

By the time movie was over, it was evening. We decided to prepare our dinner. It was a two-course meal for the night. Main course and dessert. For the mains, we decided to make Lasagna. It was one of our favourites in Italian cuisine. We were a bit nervous as it was our first time making it. We decided to stick with Italian and decided to make Panna Cottas for dessert. After a heavy main, we opted for a light and creamy dessert.

We put up some music to go with our cooking. We danced and sang and cooked. Baking a lasagna was a tough job. As the food was prepped and in the oven, we decided to have a glass of wine and chat.

Suddenly, Aaru asked, "Arya? Wassup between you and Dhruva?"

"What do you mean wassup?" I replied.

"Arey as in how are things going between the two of you?" Zia piped in.

"They are going well. Why?"

"Does he still have feelings for you?"

"I am not completely sure. But Dhruva did say something strange when we went for Garba."

"What? Tell us. Tell us!"

With that, I began to recite what Dhruva said. After I was done, Zia was the first to comment.

"I think he likes you. I am not just saying because of what you told us now, but because of the way he behaves around you."

"I think so too. But the question is, do you still like Dhruva?" enquired Aaru.

"I mean, we know you did before he disappeared. But what about now?"

"Frankly speaking, guys, I don't know. Sure I liked him before. But now that he is back and has explained his disappearance, I don't know if I think about him more than a friend. I am still digesting what happened."

"That makes sense. I think all of us are."

"Arya, what would you do if he asks you out?"

"Wassup with these questions, Zia? Do you know something I don't?"

"No. No. No. Nothing like that. Just asking."

"Well, I am not ready for that. I don't know if I ever will be, frankly. I was really hurt. You guys were there. You know what I went through, what all of us went through. I don't know if I can overcome that and give him a chance. A friend? Sure. But more than that? I don't think so. Can we drop this? I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Yea. Sorry."

With that, the topic was dropped.

"Why don't you tell us about what is going on between you and Priyank?" I teasingly asked Zia.

"Ahem ahem. Bol Bol. What's cooking?"

Zia simply blushed and refused to answer. The tables had turned, I thought laughingly.

"Aaru, if something is going on between you and Ved, tell us now only. Bas tum dono ka hi baaki hai ab."

"NO! I know we are opposites. But let me tell you, these opposites are not attracted to each other."

We kept teasing Zia for the rest of the night. We heard the timer for the oven go off as we were gossiping. Aaru and I made our way to serve dinner as Zia had set up the table.

What more do you need when you enjoy delicious food with even a better company?
The answer is simple.
Nothing.

_______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
Where are all my The Notebook and Pitch Perfect fans at??
I hope you liked the chapter!

Stay tuned for more.

Vote. Share. Comment.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali