Chapter 24: The Call

The sound of someone knocking on my cabin door distracted me.

"Come in," I ordered.

My boss Mr Kapadia's PA Tarun entered.
"Hey!" He greeted.

"Hey, Tarun. Do you need something?"

"No. I just came by to tell you that Mr Kapadia has asked for you."

"Okay. At what time?"

"10 minutes."

"Okay, done. Do you know what's it about?"

"He has asked you to carry your project progress reports. So, that probably."

"Okay. I will be there."

With that, he left. I started to gather all the relevant data that I needed for meeting my boss. When I was sure I had everything, I made my way towards Mr Kapadia's office and knocked. After hearing a 'come in', I entered.

"Good afternoon, Sir." I greeted him with a smile.

"Good afternoon. Have a seat."

"Thank you."

"Have you brought the progress reports?"

"Yes, Sir. Here you go." I replied as I passed it to him.

I waited until he was done reading them. As usual, his face gave away nothing. I was always ready to make amendments or accept if at fault. But knowing that I had exceeded his expectations made me ecstatic.

"Good work."

"Thank you, Sir."

"So everything is going on smoothly?"

"I am already in talks with Mrs Chandra. She was working things out with her team. She wanted to have a chat with you before accepting the offer."

"What for?"

"They still had a few doubts about the takeover."

"Did you not attend her doubts?"

"I did. I had explained by making reference to the statistics and trend analysis that Elco Ltd. was a good investment. Even though a small moving one, it would help diversify their business."

"Then what's the problem?"

I started explaining everything in detail.
We discussed strategies to convince Mrs Chandra and her team. I called her up and fixed a meeting in two days.

This project was a big deal. If I could manage it, it would earn me some brownie points on my CV.

By the time we were done, it was evening. Time to go home. Just as I was getting ready to leave for home, I heard my phone ring.

It was Dhruva.

"Hey, Arya." He greeted.

"Hey! Wassup?"

"Where are you?"

"I am just about to leave the office. Why?"

"Are you going home?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Wanna hang out?"

_______________________________________

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
This was a short filler chapter. Will update more soon.
Stay tuned.
Vote. Share. Comment.
Thanks for reading!
- Mitali