Chapter 4

Bruce's POV

20

As soon as y/n closed her door, my face turned bright red. That was embarrassing. I opened the door to my room to see Loki and Bucky sat on my bed, their eyes wide, both of them holding back laughter.

"What? What's the matter?"

"Bruce has a little crush, doesn't he Loki."

"He definitely does Bucky"

I turned an unnatural shade of red, but hoped they wouldn't notice, not that it was very subtle. "I don't know what either of you two are talking about so can you please leave my room."

"Sorry but not quite yet," Loki answers, "we can find out if she likes you back."

I sit up slightly before returning back to how I was before. "I don't like her, I've told you."

This time, Bucky spoke up, "Sure thing Bruce, whatever you say..." 

They both laughed to each other before getting up and leaving the room. Do I like her? I can't, we've only just met. But do I? I shake my head and change into a comfy t-shirt before turning off the lights and getting into bed. 

The Next Morning

19

Your POV

You wake up to a knock at the door, it must be nearly midday. 

"Come in," you shout, still half asleep under the covers.

The door swings open and the two men you met briefly yesterday stumble in grinning at you. 

"Good morning y/n," Bucky greets you, "If you'd like to come downstairs, we were just having brunch." You slowly realise there's a strong smell of bacon coming from somewhere in the tower, and you swing your legs over the side of the bed and stand up slowly.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes unless I get lost." you joke

Loki smirks, "That won't be a problem, Bruce will show you the way." with that, they left. It's a bit odd, but you can't resist freshly cooked bacon. You find a suitable outfit and you get dressed, before brushing your teeth and washing your face. After you've finished you stand in front of the mirror and go over what has happened in the last few days. Loki Laufeyson and Bucky Barnes just woke you up. You're about to have breakfast with the avengers. Your thoughts are interrupted as you hear another knock at your door. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi, it's me Bruce, can I come in?" You glance around you to see if there's anything you wouldn't want him to see. Unsurprisingly, there's nothing.

"Yeah, the door's open" He steps into your room and his eyes meet yours. He has such sad eyes, you wonder what happened to him. Unfortunately, that was a conversation for another time.

"I think I'm supposed to be showing you the way to the dining room," He says as he leaves your room and walks in the direction of the lift. You try your best to keep up with him. "We have 4 floors of communal space. On one is a training room full of all the weapons you could think of. On another is the kitchen and dining room, which is where we're going now. On the third is the meeting rooms where Fury gives us briefings about certain missions and stuff like that, and on the other floor it's the room you saw yesterday with the bar. It's where Tony mainly hosts his parties, like the one this Saturday."

"Wait there's a party this Saturday?" you ask

"Yeah, it's one of Tony's monthly ones for charity. Why?"

"Would I be allowed to go, I mean it's ok if not but I've always dreamed of going to a Stark party since I was a kid."

Bruce smiles at you, which makes you blush yet again, you don't understand, why does he keep doing that.

"We're already invited, don't worry about that." You smile back at him, then the doors open and you see so many pairs of eyes on you. You start to panic and your breathing intensifies. For some reason you're immediately calmed down when Bruce takes your hand in his and squeezes it tightly. You look back up again to see the avengers sat at a long table eating a variety of cereals and cooked breakfasts with Loki and Bucky staring at Bruce and smirking at each other. 

You and Bruce take your seats in the last spaces available, right at one end opposite each other. You're sat next to Steve Rogers. You are literally sat next to Captain America. 

"Hi, I'm Steve."

"Y/n"

Next to Steve is a sweet looking redhead called Wanda, and next to her, an AI called Vision. The team take it in turns to introduce themselves and they all seem like really nice people. After a while of talking about yourself, Bucky brings up the party. With it being one of Stark's, there's always some odd catch.

"Everyone has to bring a date or you're not allowed in, sorry Bruce but it's the rules." everyone laughs but you feel bad for him, and you somehow pluck up the courage to stand up for him.

"Who says he isn't going to have a date?" everyone at the table turns to you and you suddenly feel so small, but you have to remain confident. Bucky and Loki sit in shock, their eyes wide. For some reason, Bruce still looks upset.

"You don't have to feel bad for me y/n"

"Who said I felt bad, maybe I just want to go to the party with the smartest guy ever."

Now it's his turn to look shocked. You begin to eat your food as the team sits in silence. 

Later that day

You walk up to Bucky's room, and knock quietly on the door. To your surprise, Steve opens it, he sounds out of breath and you realise what's going on.

"Who is it?" you hear Bucky ask from round the corner.

"It's me," you reply, "but I'll come back later since I've caught you at a bad time."

"No y/n, you can come in," Steve says as he opens the door wider so you can walk inside. 

Bucky looks up at you with fear in his eyes. "You can't tell anyone yet y/n, please."

"Of course, but I do need help with something myself."

"If this is about the party, then yes I'll help you find something to wear, just give me an hour."

"Thanks Buck." you say as you leave the room. "See you later Steve."