Chapter 17

After about an hour of you and Bruce eating and talking about anything, you decide to go upstairs to your room to watch some tv. Almost every channel is playing a Christmas film, and Bruce chooses to watch Elf, to be honest, it's one of your favourites. When the film starts playing, you both huddle together under the warm blanket, Tony still hasn't fixed the heating, but to be fair to him, he saved your life and you will be forever grateful for that. 

"God, you look freezing," Bruce says, about ten minutes before the end of the film. "Wait here, let me just go and get something to warm you up." You happily wait in bed and watch the film until it's over, and not long after, he walks back in, carrying a bag with something red inside, you know what it is straight away and shake your head at Bruce.

"There is no way I'm putting that on," You argue,

"Oh come on, it's Christmas." He extends his arm, moving the bag towards you, 

"It is so difficult to say no to you," You grab the bag and pull out the bright red Christmas jumper, on it is a cartoon reindeer with a flashing nose. "Seriously?" You ask Bruce, disappointed.

"I'm a very serious person," He gives you a cheeky grin, and you roll your eyes. You begin to pull your sweater off, before you remember that you have nothing on underneath and turn around. When you have the jumper on, you turn back around to see Bruce grinning from ear to ear. 

"That looks... amazing." He giggles

"Where's yours?" You ask,

"I was just about to put it on actually." He takes the bag from you and pulls out another jumper, his has a picture of an elf on it and it looks so sweet. "So?" He asks, "What do you think?"

"That is wonderful," You smile, "It really brings out your eyes."

"Sure," He says sarcastically, "I actually have another thing for you, but it's a surprise, so you need to wear this," He pulls a blindfold from his pocket.

"Okay?" You say suspiciously as you put the blindfold over your eyes. "How do I know where to go?" 

"I'll guide you, but it is still about 5 in the morning, so you can't scream if you walk into a wall,"

"Very reassuring," You say, and both of you start laughing quietly. "Let's go!"

You feel Bruce take your hands and drag you towards the door of your room. You stub your toe on the doorframe, making you curse under your breath, and you both try to hold in your laughter when you lose Bruce and fall onto the floor. After a trip in the lift, in which the doors almost closed while you were still inside, you make it to your location, and you can feel the air getting warmer as you slowly walk forward. You come to a stop, Bruce stands in front of you and pulls the blindfold off your head. When your eyes open again, you see that the kitchen has been dramatically transformed, Christmas bunting and fairy lights hang overhead, Bruce has positioned a few Christmassy scented candles around and attached tinsel to cupboards and the ceiling. On the kitchen counter are some baking ingredients and a large mixing bowl.

"Want to make gingerbread?" He asks

"Absolutely," You reply.

You manage to stick on task, but when Bruce accidently spills flour onto you when he's trying to put it away, the gingerbread doesn't matter and you spend the next half hour covering each other, and the kitchen, in flour, until you're both on the floor in a heap, crying with laughter. 

"Goodness me," Bruce says between fits of laughter, "We should probably hide this from Tony."

"Probably? If Tony sees this we're dead," You pick yourself up off of the floor and brush the flour off your face, making Bruce giggle as he's trying to get off the ground himself. You realise that you left the tray of gingerbread men on the side, so you put them in the oven and turn around to see Bruce stood there looking exhausted. 

"Are you okay?" You ask, before you hush your voice to a whisper, "Is Tony here?"

"No," he laughs, "Fancy listening to some Christmas music?"

"That would be lovely," You say, before getting J.A.R.V.I.S to put some festive songs on. "Ooh, I love this one," You both start dancing to Mariah Carey, and as you found out before, Bruce isn't the best dancer, but he looks so sweet trying. After a few minutes of dancing and cleaning, a slower song comes on, similar to the one you and Bruce didn't get to dance to at the party.

"May I have this dance my lady," Bruce grins and holds his hand out which you take. You move your body closer to his, your faces almost touching, and begin to dance. Compared to his awful dancing earlier, Bruce is better at slow songs, and he quickly takes the lead, so you let him guide you through the steps, teaching you how to avoid stepping on his feet. When the song finishes, you struggle to let him go, and bury your face into his chest, feeling every deep breath he takes. You like the fact you can feel his heart beating forcefully against his ribcage, the fact you can feel his warm breath on your neck. You feel his head resting on the top of yours, and you feel it when he plants a kiss on your forehead, you feel it all. You tilt your face up to look at him, but you get distracted by something hanging from the ceiling above him. Bruce sees your eyes wander and looks up to see the mistletoe plant hanging above him.

"Seriously Bucky?" Bruce mutters, "Sorry y/n, I didn't put that up there. I mean, it's not that I don't want to, it's just..."

"So you want to kiss me?" You ask. Even though Christmas isn't your thing, you know all about the traditions.

"No, well yes, but-"

"Do it," You interrupt.

"Really?" Bruce sounds surprised, but doesn't question it when you nod in reply. He wraps one of his arms around your waist and pulls you closer. He tucks a stray hair behind your ear using his other hand before gently caressing your face. You slowly move closer together, his breathing becomes deeper and you see his eyes close.

"Merry Christmas Bruce," You whisper, before you kiss him gently. 

"And the same to you y/n," He replies, pulling you into a more passionate kiss. You wrap your arms around his back and pull him closer. He moves his hand away from your face and holds the back of your head. You want to stay like that forever, but you realize you have to breathe and pull away. 

You take a step away from each other, your hands reach down and hold his. You stand there for a while, smiling at each other before you hear an annoyed sounding Tony behind you.

"What the hell happened to my kitchen?!"

"Uh, gingerbread?" You reply, trying to suppress your laughter.

"Whatever it is, clean it up. Now" It doesn't matter that Tony's making you clean up, he could have thrown you out a window and you'd still be happy.

You just kissed Bruce for God's sake.