Chapter 27

It takes about an hour for Tony to get everyone else to come downstairs, but when he does, they all squash up on the sofas, and you feel lucky to be sat away from them for once. When everyone's settled, he stands up, preparing to make an announcement.

"As you all know, usually on Christmas Day, I have a big party and all that shenanigans," He glances towards you, "But after some... slight complications last night, I've decided we're going to spend it with just us,"

"Wow," Clint looks at Tony like he's unwell, "Something pretty bad must have happened last night for you to cancel a party."

"I know," Tony laughs, "I did have to get a bit of persuasion from Bruce, but I wouldn't want anyone else here to get kidnapped."

"Wait what?" Obviously, Tony hadn't told Clint about the night previous.

"Yeah...." Tony gestures to you, and you look up to see everyone's eyes on you, Clint looking even more confused.

"I feel like I should say something," You whisper to Bruce, making him laugh slightly.

"You don't have to say anything," He whispers back, "Just nod and smile,"

You do just that, and Tony rolls his eyes, "Anyway," He sits back down in his armchair and opens a new bottle of whiskey as he gets J.A.R.V.I.S to put on a Christmas film. 

2 hours later, and the film is over. Sometime whilst it was playing you had leaned over and Bruce had wrapped his arm around your shoulder, making you feel warm, both physically and on the inside. Now, the two of you, Clint and Nat are the only ones left awake. Thor is snoring loudly and Tony looks like he's had one glass too many. 

"Want to do something?" Clint asks, standing up, and glancing at the three of you.

"I'm gonna stay here with Maria," Nat says, and Clint nods,

"How about the lovebirds?" He grins at you and Bruce,

"Sure," You speak up before Bruce can say no.

"Can I join?" The voice shocks you,

"Yes Bucky, but maybe try not to give me a heart attack."

"Was one enough for you?" He laughs, standing up and walking towards Clint.

"Very funny," You say sarcastically, "But yes, it most definitely was."

You decide to try to stand up, and to some extent it's okay, but your legs are shaky and you struggle to stay up for long.

"Need some help?" Bruce asks sweetly.

"Do you happen to have any crutches?" You answer his question with a question, "I don't think I'll be able to be pushed around all day."

"I'll see what I can do," He smiles and nods before leaving.

"So," Bucky grins,

"So?" You reply,

"Oh come on, has he told you yet?"

"Told me what?" You think you know what he's talking about, but decide to pretend not to, in case you're wrong.

"Oh come on," Bucky rolls his eyes, "Why do you think we got to you so quickly? Bruce is planning a date, you get taken, he tells all of us how much he loves you about a million times, we find you practically dead and he still won't stop talking about you."

"Oh right," You smile to yourself, "Yes, he has told me."

"I'm sorry," Clint speaks up, "Was this all in a week?"

"No," Bucky replies, and Clint looks less confused, "It was all in a day."

"Seriously?" He gives you a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry you had to go through that y/n."