Chapter 6

14

You wake up to the sound of your alarm at 11am. The party starts in 7 hours. You manage to pull yourself out of bed and get  in the shower. After you get out, you get on some comfortable clothes and trundle into the lift. You go down to the kitchen to make yourself some toast. Only when you've finished it do you realise that it's quiet. Like really quiet. You decide to go back to your floor and knock on Bruce's door. No reply. You go to Bucky's door. No reply. You finally try Loki's. Also no reply. You start to panic and run back to the lift. You go to the training room, then the meeting rooms, and finally the place the party's happening in later. After still not being able to find anyone, you go back to your room and wait ages, terrified that something's happened to your new friends, that something's happened to Bruce. 

After what feels like forever, you hear voices downstairs and run towards them. When you see Bruce and Tony smiling and laughing to each other, you sigh, relieved. You run towards them and hug them both at the same time. They both seem surprised, but you don't care.

"Where were you? I thought someone had taken you, I was terrified." Bruce gives you a sympathetic look.

"I'm so sorry y/n, I thought you got the note."

"What bloody note"

"Language!" Steve shouts from the other room.

You roll your eyes and turn around to leave. You feel a strong arm grab your wrist and pull you back. You turn around to see Bruce looking straight into your eyes, he's so handsome, you were supposed to be angry at him, but it's impossible with them eyes. This time he pulls you into a hug, and you don't fight back. He's a bit of an awkward hugger but you don't care. You hear a cough behind you, and see Tony looking bored.

"So are you two like a thing or-?" Bruce doesn't hesitate and speaks straight away.

"Oh no no it's not like, it's not like that at all." You can't help but feel disappointed, but the party is only a few hours away so you'll talk to him about it then.

You, Nat and Wanda meet in Nat's room, you bring your outfit and shoes and so does Wanda. You decide not to show each other your outfits until you're all ready. You start with each other's hair. Nat doesn't take long to finish yours and then moves onto Wanda's. Wanda then styles Nat's since you have no experience at all. You all do a quick makeup look then take it in turns to go into her bathroom to get changed. Wanda goes first, and emerges wearing a beautiful short red dress and a pair of red heels to match. Nat goes after and comes out with a long black dress with a leg slit, she still has a gun holster fastened to her leg just in case. Finally, it's your turn, and when you exit the bathroom, their jaws drop. Your heels fit perfectly and the dress feels amazing. 

"We should be going ladies, we don't want to keep them waiting." Nat cheers and you go towards the lift. 

When you reach the right floor, the doors open and you walk out feeling surprisingly confident. You see Bruce stood talking to Tony with his back to you. When Tony spots you, he says something to Bruce and he turns to look at you. His eyes light up when he sees you in your dress, and he looks genuinely happy. He stands up and makes his way over to you without taking his eyes off you for a second. He's wearing a black suit with a tight purple shirt on underneath, he has the first couple of buttons undone which brings the whole outfit together. When he reaches you, he holds out a hand and you take it, he smiles at you, and gestures towards the doors that open out onto the party.

"Shall we?" he asks.

"We shall."

You both push the doors open, and link arms before walking into the room full of people dancing and drinking and enjoying the party. You both head straight to the bar and have a quick drink before heading to the dance floor. You quickly find out that Bruce isn't a very good dancer, but that doesn't matter, he looks good no matter what. Oh god. You just said Bruce Banner looks good. You push the thoughts out your head and carry on dancing. You're friends. Just friends. After a while, Tony and Pepper walk in and everyone cheers, they look so happy together. A few minutes after them, Bucky walks in, his arm linked with Steve's. Tony looks so confused and shouts up at them.

"What, are you two like gay or something?" He laughs

Bucky answers the question by pulling Steve into a passionate kiss before pulling away and turning back to Tony. The look on his face is amazing, his jaw is almost on the floor. 

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asks you. 

"Yeah, but only recently." You honestly answer. 

Everybody goes back to dancing, and so do the newly announced couple. Bucky winks at you before turning back to Steve. After you've been dancing for what seems like forever, you hear the musically dramatically change. A slow song is playing, and you're going to dance with Bruce Banner.