Chapter 18

Cleaning up flour is more difficult than you first thought. It gets everywhere, into every little nook and cranny that you can't reach, but you and Bruce leave them bits for Tony to find and shout about later, when you're out. After you've cleaned as much as possible, you go upstairs and get changed out of your flour covered clothes into a pair of black jeans and a grey hoodie. When you open your door to go back downstairs, Bruce is stood waiting for you so you can walk together, he's changed into a pair of black trousers and a button up shirt.

"Ready to spend as much as we can on Tony's card?" You ask jokingly,

"I was born ready," He replies, laughing. You thought it would be awkward after the kiss, but if anything, it made you a lot more comfortable around each other. You link arms and walk into the lift, you've taken this short journey so many times since you fist got here, but it feels even shorter when you do it with Bruce, maybe you just want to spend more time with him. When you get to the kitchen, it's still empty, so you grab a snack while Bruce goes to find Tony and tell him you're leaving, and try to get him to hand over his card. He comes back about five minutes later, grinning and waving the thin black card in the air. 

"It took a bit of bribing, but I can be very persuasive," He hands you the card and you put it in your wallet. 

"We won't spend that much, and besides it's Tony, he won't miss a few hundred," Bruce shakes his head and laughs at your statement.

"Very true," He links his arm with yours before he starts walking, "Let's go shopping,"

You go to the same shopping centre as before, you'd  spotted some good looking shops to buy things for your friends, you decided you were going to buy something more expensive for Bruce, he doesn't get the credit he deserves, so you want to show him he's worth more than he thinks. You start off shopping together, and you get to buy Loki and Tony mugs with their faces on, they're pretty much in love with themselves, so they should like them. You buy Nat a new gun holster in red, you're going to give it to her early, so it can match the dress she's wearing tonight, and you get Wanda a lovely maroon jacket since she lost hers in the battle against Ultron, she always jokes about how it was better than losing her brother, who almost died saving Clint, she's been excited recently because Pietro's coming to stay at Christmas, like Loki's brother Thor. You mange to get Bucky a Captain America build-a-bear and attach a note saying: 'For when Steve isn't here xx'. Hopefully he understands what you're saying.

Bruce decides to go and get something to eat, so he takes some cash and goes to find some food while you continue shopping for something for him. You find a shop that has the perfect thing to get for his present, so you buy it and get a bag so he doesn't see what it is. It makes you smile to think about how you'll be spending Christmas day with people who respect you, and the Avengers treat you like you're family. 

You meet Bruce at the same café you sat outside with Bucky, he's holding two sandwiches and he lights up when he sees you. 

"Hi y/n!" He holds out one of the sandwiches for you, which you happily take, "Did you find anything of interest?" 

"Not really," you fib, and turn your attention back on the food, "How did you know what to get me? This is my favourite." He pulls out a chair for you to sit on, and for a moment you're distracted by his hands, they're extremely attractive and you almost can't look away.

"Y/n, y/n?" Bruce pulls you out of your trance-like state.

"Sorry what?" You look up at him confused which makes him laugh.

"I said that Bucky told me,"

"Told you what?"

"The sandwich? I think I lost you for a second there." He smiles

"Sorry Bruce, I was just a bit... distracted." You both sit down and enjoy your lunch, talking about Christmas and the party and everything like that. When you're finished eating, you both stand up and start walking towards the doors you came through on your way in, before Bruce stops and turns to you.

"If you're all finished here, I have something I'd like to show you," He says

"I'm finished, what would you like to show me?"

"I can't tell you yet, it's a surprise," He grins sweetly,

"That sounds exciting," You say as you take his hand in yours and continue walking. "It'd better not be something messy or Tony will get angry again."

"Don't worry, we're not even going to the tower,"

You look puzzled, which Bruce sees and laughs, as you leave the shopping centre and look for Happy in the car park, almost right on cue he pulls up next to the two of you.

"After you," You gesture for Bruce to get in the car and he does after nodding a thank you. You excitedly follow him, and he whispers the location to Happy who nods and starts the car. Knowing Bruce, he's probably planned something amazing.

The car stops in the centre of the city, which seems a bit odd for Bruce because he doesn't really like busy situations or places, but you forget about it when you step out and breathe in the icy winter air. You leave your shopping in the car, Happy offered to take it back to the tower for you, which you both gratefully accepted. Bruce is by your side in a matter of seconds, and you link arms before walking together through the busy streets, they're all full of Christmas shoppers, it's not surprising, you only just finished yours. You gasp as you turn the corner to see a giant ice rink, with a massive Christmas tree next to it. You look at Bruce who smiles excitedly back at you.

"Are you serious?" He nods and you gasp, "This is so amazing," You walk faster and drag him along behind you. When you get to the rink, he walks away and comes back with two pairs of skates, which you hurriedly put on, and wait for him impatiently. He eventually gets them on, and you lead him onto the ice. Neither of you have really skated before, so you fall over a lot. After a while you both kind of get the hang of it, but you keep holding onto each other for support. It's the most fun you've had in a while, and the fact Bruce is there makes it even better. A few minutes before you have to leave, you turn to Bruce with a huge smile on your face,

"Thank you, for everything." You hug him, "You've been so nice to me in the time I've been living with you and I can't thank you enough."

"It's been a pleasure to spend time with you y/n, and I hope it carries on like this for a while," He takes both of your hands in his, and pulls you closer. "But there is one thing I would like to change,"

"Yes?" You're unsure of what he's about to say, but you have an idea.

"Y/n, will you-" He gets cut off when a faster skater speeds past you both, knocking Bruce off his feet. You can't keep the laughter in when you look down and see him in a heap on the floor.

"Will I-?" You mock, squatting down to talk to him on his level, "Sorry you didn't get to finish"

"Ha ha very funny," He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes, "It doesn't matter now,"

"No, please, I want to know," You pretend to be upset and he laughs, shaking his head.

"Okay, okay," He looks into your eyes, they catch the Christmas lights perfectly and look more beautiful than usual. "Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?" You answer his question by pulling him towards you using the collar of his shirt, his lips instantly colliding with yours, you hold the kiss for as long as possible, and when you both pull away, a cheesy smile spreads across his face.

"Was that a yes?" He asks.

"Definitely," You grin, before he pulls you in for another kiss, just as the snow begins to fall. 

This is the perfect Christmas.